4/26 Cheering/Venting - HRs Stanton-0 / Infante -5 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

4/26 Cheering/Venting - HRs Stanton-0 / Infante -5

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 4/26 Cheering/Venting - HRs Stanton-0 / Infante -5

Postby rotoquest » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:24 pm

footballisbetter.com wrote:anyone have the balls to start Bard tomorrow vs the White Sox?

I don't own him, but why not? The white sox are not an offensive juggernaut, and the boston is clicking on offensive.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 194)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kab21 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:24 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:effing padres runners on 2nd and 3rd no outs and bases loaded 1 out and can't score. i need a volquez win damnit.

I like to live dangerously also.

another volquez starter...
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:26 pm

kab21 wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:effing padres runners on 2nd and 3rd no outs and bases loaded 1 out and can't score. i need a volquez win damnit.

I like to live dangerously also.

another volquez starter...

i decided when i drafted him that i was throwing him out there in pretty much every petco game.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby kab21 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:30 pm

And it's not like Washington is hitting. they are pitching lights out though so a win might be too much to ask for.

Right now I'm sitting Danks and Arrieta (vs Oak but at BAL) tomorrow. I want to start Arrieta but I'm way ahead in innings so I need to slow down a little.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:33 pm

kab21 wrote:And it's not like Washington is hitting. they are pitching lights out though so a win might be too much to ask for.

Right now I'm sitting Danks and Arrieta (vs Oak but at BAL) tomorrow. I want to start Arrieta but I'm way ahead in innings so I need to slow down a little.

sitting danks as well. i am starting wandy @CIN and burnett @ATL in one league and estrada @STL in another. livin' on the edge.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby footballisbetter.com » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:34 pm

rotoquest wrote:
footballisbetter.com wrote:anyone have the balls to start Bard tomorrow vs the White Sox?

I don't own him, but why not? The white sox are not an offensive juggernaut, and the boston is clicking on offensive.

Could he possibly be pitching to keep his rotation spot. So much speculation of him moving back to the pen.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 92)

Postby jcook3127 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:34 pm

rotoquest wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:
Padsin05 wrote:
Aviles is pretty valuable cause of the 3 position stuff, and my league is really deep. Im extremely deep at SP, so I have room to move 1, I tried to move Minor, but the dude wouldnt budge. I ended up going with Beachy for Kendrick but I got a 6th that can become a 3 if Beachy finishes top 15 in ESPN PR for SP's.

still have Verlander, Strasburg, Luebke, Anibal, Minor, Wainwright, Harrison and Parker, so losing Beachy isnt a big hit

I agree on Aviles. In one league I had hoped to nab Aviles for a buck, but ended up ponying up 8 dollars for him and so far, I'm very satisfied with the investment. MI isn't incredibly deep this year, and a guy who is leading off for a good lineup with a bit of speed and pop is always a commodity. Of course, when Ellsbury comes back, he might move down the order, but I'd hardly call him worthless in any case.

Yeah, I don't understand the aviles is worthlees comment at all. He has always been able to hit, but now has a full-time gig at the top of the boston line up and producing well. Very curious statement???

What are you talking about? The guy is awful...he hits for average every other year (wow!!!), has minimal power even for a Short Stop, ...and doesn't run enough?

I guess I'm missing everything...but Aviles sucks. He's not logged in his entire career a full season of at bats and he played on the Royals..whether you chalk that up to injury or inconsistency it's not good.

I guess I don't see it
Why don't they just get a house that's already painted?
jcook3127
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:34 pm

Debating whether I want to pick up Arrieta, Westbrook or Saunders for a spot start tomorrow.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:12 am

SCORE PADRES
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:17 am

eff you pads
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers