4/26 Cheering/Venting - HRs Stanton-0 / Infante -5 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

4/26 Cheering/Venting - HRs Stanton-0 / Infante -5

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 4/26 Cheering/Venting - HRs Stanton-0 / Infante -5

Postby jcook3127 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Padsin05 wrote:I need a MI

Kendrick for Beachy
or
Luebke for Aviles

I think you lose both all needs aside..

Aviles is worthless...so even though I like Beachy better than anybody listed I'd go with Kendrick..
Why don't they just get a house that's already painted?
jcook3127
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Padsin05 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:25 pm

jcook3127 wrote:

Kendrick for Beachy
or
Luebke for Aviles

Aviles is worthless...so even though I like Beachy better than anybody listed I'd go with Kendrick..

Aviles is pretty valuable cause of the 3 position stuff, and my league is really deep. Im extremely deep at SP, so I have room to move 1, I tried to move Minor, but the dude wouldnt budge. I ended up going with Beachy for Kendrick but I got a 6th that can become a 3 if Beachy finishes top 15 in ESPN PR for SP's.

still have Verlander, Strasburg, Luebke, Anibal, Minor, Wainwright, Harrison and Parker, so losing Beachy isnt a big hit
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)

Postby Cream » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:25 pm

Saw the end of the Cincy game on Gameday. It looked like Pagan got a second chance from the ump after looking at strike three.. Any one else notice that? Marshall a bit unlucky there.
Cream
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 23)

Re: Re: 4/26 Cheering/Venting - HRs Stanton-0 / Infante -5

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:53 pm

wrveres wrote:
Skin Blues wrote:Beat me to it. Rookie mistake taking too long to write it.
Solid write up. Next time you should just start the thread, maybe with just a smiley, and then you can come back in and edit.

seconded. Nice write up. ;-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:04 pm

jcook3127 wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:29 posts deep and still no mention of the streaming possibility of Phillip Humber? What say you? Give him the ball tonight against a (relatively) injury riddled Boston lineup?

Humber is going to get rocked tonight, I'd stay away. I don't envision too many scenarios where he ends up with less than 4 ER, and he won't get many K's either..

I'm pretty set on starting him in my deep league with a high innings limit, but benching him in my slightly shallower, lower innings cap league. That way I still get to cheer him on somewhere.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby Thursday » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:05 pm

Reimold is playing?!?! Holy crap, i actually forgot he was there.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thatguy27 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:26 pm

benb18a wrote:Sweet tapdancing Christ, Reimold is playing today.

Reimold or De Aza? WHIR

Too late to help you but FWIW I am in the same situation and went with Reimold. Of course had I known he was playing earlier I'd have put him in my util over Cozart (who gave me a nice 0-5 line) and kept De Aza in his usual OF spot and started both. Oh well.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Padsin05 wrote:
jcook3127 wrote:

Kendrick for Beachy
or
Luebke for Aviles

Aviles is pretty valuable cause of the 3 position stuff, and my league is really deep. Im extremely deep at SP, so I have room to move 1, I tried to move Minor, but the dude wouldnt budge. I ended up going with Beachy for Kendrick but I got a 6th that can become a 3 if Beachy finishes top 15 in ESPN PR for SP's.

still have Verlander, Strasburg, Luebke, Anibal, Minor, Wainwright, Harrison and Parker, so losing Beachy isnt a big hit

I agree on Aviles. In one league I had hoped to nab Aviles for a buck, but ended up ponying up 8 dollars for him and so far, I'm very satisfied with the investment. MI isn't incredibly deep this year, and a guy who is leading off for a good lineup with a bit of speed and pop is always a commodity. Of course, when Ellsbury comes back, he might move down the order, but I'd hardly call him worthless in any case.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby Cream » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Anyone rolling the dice with Volquez? I'm up in most pitching cats this week, so I'm going to pass. Just curious
Cream
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 23)

Postby thedude » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:18 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
jcook3127 wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:29 posts deep and still no mention of the streaming possibility of Phillip Humber? What say you? Give him the ball tonight against a (relatively) injury riddled Boston lineup?

Humber is going to get rocked tonight, I'd stay away. I don't envision too many scenarios where he ends up with less than 4 ER, and he won't get many K's either..

I'm pretty set on starting him in my deep league with a high innings limit, but benching him in my slightly shallower, lower innings cap league. That way I still get to cheer him on somewhere.

Humber is having a real rough time of it. This Red Sox lineup is on fire right now.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers