Need pitching - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Need pitching

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need pitching

Postby Surfs up » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:59 am

I need some pitching so I'm going to shop some hitting. I'm thinking of Jay Bruce. Who are some pitchers you think I could get for Bruce? I drafted him this year and he can be kept 3 more years after this year. 12 team 5 x5 mixed.
My hitting is fine . I'm tied for third overall and that without Bautista hitting a lick. I can afford to trade some hitting.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 183)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need pitching

Postby silverZ » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:06 am

Bruce isn't hitting much right now so you most likely won't be able to land a stud like Greinke or Felix. You could start a tier below for Bumgarner or Cain type. It would help if you found a trading partner and posted his roster.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Surfs up » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:14 am

I do have a guy in my league that likes to trade. He has Josh Johnson and lester. I was thinking of offering him Bruce and Ervin Santana for either Lester or Johnson and Dexter Fowler
I tried getting CC Sabathia for Bruce but he came back with wanting Braun.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby silverZ » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:18 am

LOL Braun for CC...

I would take JJ or Lester for Bruce if you really need the pitching that bad. Personally I have no faith in JJ staying healthy so of the two I would prefer Lester. In a vacuum I still think Bruce has more value than you'll get for him right now.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Surfs up » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:24 am

I'm next to last in Wins and ERA. Last in K's and nineth in Whip. I do have Kershaw and Verlander but its not enough.
I offered Bautista to the Grienke owner but he also came back with Braun. Not about to make that trade either.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby silverZ » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:28 am

Wow...I would have jumped all over Joey Bats for Greinke in a heartbeat...You have Verlander and Kershaw? You don't need another ace. Trade one of your hot non stud bats for a pitcher. Your league mate clearly doesn't understand sample size if he's rejecting Bautista for Greinke.
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ahcryky » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:55 am

Worst thing you can do is panic and try to trade a stud bat for a pitcher. Sounds like these two teams that you are trying to trade with are a little diusional in values. If some offered me Bautista for my Greinke I would have jumped all over that. My pitching would have to be REALLY weak not to accept that. There aren't any pitchers I would trade 1/1 for Braun. Bruce should get you a decent pitcher in return in normal trading. But with what I'm seeing in teams value, probably not going to happen unless Bruce goes on a tear or they are a Reds fan.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=445250
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Surfs up » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:51 pm

I sent a note to the owner of Lester . I offered Bruce but I doubt he takes it. If he doesn't take Bruce for Lester I doubt he will do JJ. But I will ask. Another option might be Ian Kennedy for Bruce from a different manager but again doubtful.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Surfs up » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:09 pm

The manager of lester said he would accept Bruce and Ervin Santana for his Lester and Fowler. think I should do this deal? I have Gardner on my DL so i can drop Fowler when he comes back. Maybe try to trade him first. thoughts?
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Hopscotch Assasin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:47 pm

Try and get Johnson but thats if you really...really..need the pitching.
C-Mcann P=Halladay,J.Santana,Hamels,Haren,Greinke,CJ Wil,,Valverde,Axford,H.rodriguez
1B-Cuddyer
2B-Uggla
3B-Wright
SS-Andrus
2B/SS-Kipnis
3B/1B-Encarnacion
OF-Gordon
OF-Soo choo
OF-Ryan Braun
OF-Holliday
OF-Kendrick,H
UTL-Werth