Pineda out for 2012 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pineda out for 2012

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pineda out for 2012

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:17 pm

Michael Pineda has been diagnosed with a torn labrum in his right (throwing) shoulder and is scheduled to undergo arthroscopic surgery next Tuesday.
The official diagnosis is an "anterior labral tear," which will put an end to Pineda's 2012 season. The 23-year-old right-hander hasn't made a start for the Yankees since being acquired from the Mariners along with Jose Campos for Jesus Montero and Hector Noesi. Pineda registered a stellar 3.74 ERA, 1.10 WHIP and 173/55 K/BB ratio acoss 171 innings as a rookie in 2011.

This sucks. :-t
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pineda out for 2012

Postby juliown1028 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:12 pm

Ouch for the Yanks. Giving up Jesus Montero this season for nothing, could've definitely used him with the way Martin has been batting.
"Chuck Norris has been known to throw a baseball 100 mph. I've been known to throw Chuck Norris 100 mph." - Brian Wilson
juliown1028
College Coach
College Coach

Postby k.k. » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:53 pm

Own him in one league, yuck. Only keep 5 keepers as well, so it's adios. What a disappointment.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby bigken117 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:10 pm

First bit of good news sox have got all season

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:03 pm

Please it is Cashman...the man who brought us Vazquez not once but twice, Jeff Weaver, Kei Igawa, Jaret Wright, Carl Pavano, Randy Johnson, Kevin Brown, now Pineda (traded for and hurt). Save for Mussina and Sabathia he has been a complete disaster wrt major starting pitching acquisitions. And since Andy Pettitte's arrival in 1995, the Yankee Farm system has not developed a major starter of note (CM Wang and Kennedy being the only two of note). Wang got hurt and Kennedy they dealt because they had the great Phil Hughes lol. He is also the guy that turned down the Haren for Joba Chamberlain deal in 2010. That worked out well. When it comes to pitching, both he and the Yank farm system are complete disasters. I am sure he will manage to screw up Banuelos and Betances as well. If he keeps them they are sure fire flops. If he trades them he will do so for some stiff and they will go on to be all stars.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:07 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:Please it is Cashman...the man who brought us Vazquez not once but twice, Jeff Weaver, Kei Igawa, Jaret Wright, Carl Pavano, Randy Johnson, Kevin Brown, now Pineda (traded for and hurt). Save for Mussina and Sabathia he has been a complete disaster wrt major starting pitching acquisitions. And since Andy Pettitte's arrival in 1995, the Yankee Farm system has not developed a major starter of note (CM Wang and Kennedy being the only two of note). Wang got hurt and Kennedy they dealt because they had the great Phil Hughes lol. He is also the guy that turned down the Haren for Joba Chamberlain deal in 2010. That worked out well. When it comes to pitching, both he and the Yank farm system are complete disasters. I am sure he will manage to screw up Banuelos and Betances as well. If he keeps them they are sure fire flops. If he trades them he will do so for some stiff and they will go on to be all stars.

You're still here? X-I
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby BigZ38 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:13 pm

Yankees should give the Cubs their top prospects for Matt Garza. ;-D
BigZ38
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:22 pm

definitely hurts for the Yankees. but I imagine they will still be fine and win the division. IMO Baltimore and Toronto are not going to be competition in the end, and Boston is and will be a complete mess. the only team that will challenge the Yankees is Tampa Bay.

there was a time when the Yankees considered Joba and Hughes two outstanding starting pitching prospects that were untouchable.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 74)

Re: Re: Pineda out for 2012

Postby wrveres » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:08 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:Please it is Cashman...the man who brought us Vazquez not once but twice, Jeff Weaver, Kei Igawa, Jaret Wright, Carl Pavano, Randy Johnson, Kevin Brown, now Pineda (traded for and hurt). Save for Mussina and Sabathia he has been a complete disaster wrt major starting pitching acquisitions. And since Andy Pettitte's arrival in 1995, the Yankee Farm system has not developed a major starter of note (CM Wang and Kennedy being the only two of note). Wang got hurt and Kennedy they dealt because they had the great Phil Hughes lol. He is also the guy that turned down the Haren for Joba Chamberlain deal in 2010. That worked out well. When it comes to pitching, both he and the Yank farm system are complete disasters. I am sure he will manage to screw up Banuelos and Betances as well. If he keeps them they are sure fire flops. If he trades them he will do so for some stiff and they will go on to be all stars.

This made me smile.

I love watching spoiled rich kids throw temper tantrums.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby thedude » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:13 pm

Shame. Young pitching is always risky.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers