Reliever Trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Reliever Trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Reliever Trade

Postby Slippery95 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:32 pm

Standard 5X5 roto league, National League only. 11 teams, Starting the 8 positions, 1 utility and 7 pitchers.

My Team:
C- Yadiar Molina
1- Todd Helton
2- Dan Uggla
3- David Wright
SS - Dee Gordon
OF- Marlon Bird
OF- Alfonso Soriono
OF- Jason Worth
U- Ruban Tajada
(I normally starts Chris Young in the outfield, but on DL)

P- Aroldis Chapman
P- Bronson Arroyo
P- Cole Hamels
P- Houston Street
P- Javy Guerra
P- Matt Cain
P- Rafeal Betancourt
( I also have Chris Carpenter and Tim Hudson on the DL)

As you can see, I am loaded with Relief pitchers. I just could not help myself on draft day I guess. I had all three of these closers ranked in my top 5 (I know, I am strange!!!) However I do need atleast one more bat (A high average would certain be ideal) and can take the blow at closers due to my very early lead in saves and that fact that I will still have two others that can save plenty of games this year. The best offer I have recieved thus far is Brandon Belt for any one of my relievers (I would pick). I am not sure if that is a good enough, or consistant enough bat to rely on.

I am still new to Fantasy Baseball (second year) and still learning the value of specific players and positions. I was hoping for some guadance. What value should I look to recieve for a closer in a league like mine? Where do you see the biggest hole in my regular line up?

It seems to me (with my whole two years of experience) that stolen bases, runs and even HRs are pretty covered. Average is my biggest deficiancy right now. I think my pitching staff looks solid throughout ecspecially if Hudson comes back and is even remotely successful. I am not holding my breath for Carpenter to come back and do anything.

Help please...........and thanks in advance.

Slippery
Slippery95
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Reliever Trade

Postby joeyg2323 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:45 pm

If you had Kimbrel, paps and javy then you should br bragging about your RP i wouldnt be bragging with that sorry.
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Slippery95 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:19 am

Thanks for the backhanded comment................I can do without those. I simply said I was heavy in the saves catagory......My attempt was not to brag. I know better than to brag 15 games into the season. I was looking for an honest evaluation of my team's needs and the suggested course of action for my pitching situation. I would still appreciate any and all suggestions by any of you that have been fantasy baseball experts longer than I have.

Thanks again all, Slippery
Slippery95
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby silverZ » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:24 am

I would trade Guerra for a bat before he blows another save and loses the job to Jansen. Two stud closers is enough in an NL only league. Find a trading partner and post his roster here for trade ideas.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions