who to drop? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

who to drop? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

who to drop? WHIR

Postby joeyg2323 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:37 am

I wanna pick up campana who can really help me in steals as he has the green light to go when he wants and he is 28/30 in sb attempts in his career so he noes when to steal.

who should i drop

Iannetta
Byrd
alvarez
pestano


WHIR
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 946
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 18 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: who to drop? WHIR

Postby hot4tx » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:51 am

I think at this point any of those would be droppable in most leagues. Depends on what your team strengths/needs are. If you're light at C I wouldn't drop Iannetta, if you don't have excess closers (or are in a league where closers end up being valuable) I wouldn't drop Pestano. Maybe Byrd if he's a bench player for you, since you'd be dropping an OFer for an OFer.



any thoughts on mine? http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=445147
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1933
(Past Year: 135)
Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: who to drop? WHIR

Postby dominicfaiola » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:07 am

I'd drop Byrd, obviously you're looking to improve on the OF so that'd make sense with no other knowledge.
dominicfaiola
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 298
(Past Year: 58)
Joined: 14 Apr 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: who to drop? WHIR

Postby mixmastamikal » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:08 am

Unless you are in a 2 catcher league I see no need to have 2 unless you are waiting for Jesus montero or something so that would be my choice also how many teams?
Streamers

**Coming Soon**
mixmastamikal
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 314
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 18 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: who to drop? WHIR

Postby joeyg2323 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:18 am

mixmastamikal wrote:Unless you are in a 2 catcher league I see no need to have 2 unless you are waiting for Jesus montero or something so that would be my choice also how many teams?


waiting on montero, he needs one more game start at catcher to get it so i expect it to come within the next two games so i dont mind riding without a catcher for a game or 2 since iannetta has been terrible, there are 14 teams 23 man rosters keeper league so WW is very thin and campana will not last long on there.
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 946
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 18 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: who to drop? WHIR

Postby Leiter Fan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:50 am

It's very tough to answer this without knowing the scoring and your roster.

But if holds are not counted, I would lean towards Pestano. If they are, or if you have an innings limit that makes him good for K's, I would drop Byrd.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1958
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: who to drop? WHIR

Postby joeyg2323 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:53 am

Leiter Fan wrote:It's very tough to answer this without knowing the scoring and your roster.

But if holds are not counted, I would lean towards Pestano. If they are, or if you have an innings limit that makes him good for K's, I would drop Byrd.


5x5 h2h, innings limit isnt an issue but most top setup men are taken and even some 7th inning guys it is a very deep league.
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 946
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 18 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Deleted

Postby METS 24 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:45 pm

Deleted
Last edited by METS 24 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-W.Rosario
1B-A.Gonzalez
2B-J.Kipnis
3B-R.Zimmerman
SS-T.Tulowitzki
MI-J.Altuve
CI-J.Singleton
OF-J.Heyward/G.Polanco/B.Gardner/C.Dickerson/J.Lake
DH-J.Segura
SP-J.Weaver/H.Ryu/G.Cole/Y.Ventura/T.Bauer
BN-Baez/Buchholz/Butler/Mauer/Pineda/Taveras
METS 24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 760
(Past Year: 43)
Joined: 4 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: who to drop? WHIR

Postby kvh_1fan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:07 pm

I'd drop Ianetta. Thx on mine.
20tm dynasty
5x5 +BB,HLD
C-Martin
1B- Fielder,Morneau
2B- Kipnis
3B- Zimm
SS- Furcal,Cozart,Lowrie
LF- Gordon,Duncan
CF- C. Young
RF- Upton,LaHair
Util-Kemp
SP-Shields,Johnson,Carpenter,Vogelsong,Bucholz,Matusz,Peavy,De La Rosa
RP- JPap,Clipp,Valverde
kvh_1fan
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 136
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 9 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: who to drop? WHIR

Postby Element » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:25 pm

joeyg2323 wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:Unless you are in a 2 catcher league I see no need to have 2 unless you are waiting for Jesus montero or something so that would be my choice also how many teams?


waiting on montero, he needs one more game start at catcher to get it so i expect it to come within the next two games so i dont mind riding without a catcher for a game or 2 since iannetta has been terrible, there are 14 teams 23 man rosters keeper league so WW is very thin and campana will not last long on there.


This is your answer. Drop Iannetta.
Image
Element
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4909
(Past Year: 610)
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 18:40 hours
(and 91 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact