**Coming Soon**
mixmastamikal
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Daily SP Streamers

Postby kaiser » Fri May 18, 2012 7:19 am

Kind of slim pickings today (Friday, 5/18). I'd say Neise vs. Toronto or Parker vs. the Giants.

But I'm probably not starting either one unless I need to roll the dice...
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Postby mixmastamikal » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm

Been a while since i have been on here but i think its time to get this thread going again.

To restate my rules for my picks it will be guys that are owned in less than half of espn leagues. I tend to favor pitchers with good K/BB ratio more so than ERA and win potential.

Monday-
Jacob Turner @ Arizona (8.1% owned)
His walk rate has been a little high since being called up but facing the worst offense yet since being called up.

I am in a shallower league with only 3 add/drops a week so I am going with
Mike Leake Vs. Pittsburgh (88% owned)
he has been pretty good in the last few starts with 21/3 K/BB over his last four starts in ~26 IP. He also has the benefit of a 2 start week against decent matchups and is scheduled @ Arizona on saturday.

Tuesday -
Alfredo Figaro VS. Houston (0.4% owned) Has not had real high K totals but gets a great K potential in Houston and also had very good control over his starts this season since moving from the bullpen with only 1 walk in 4 starts.

or

Joe Blanton Vs. Seattle Has been getting hit around quite a bit lately but has had past success against the Mariners and has also had a very good K/BB over the last 4 starts with a 22/1 K/BB over the last 3 starts.

Will try to check back in soon with more picks.
Streamers

**Coming Soon**
mixmastamikal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rudy Gamble » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:59 pm

mixmastamikal wrote:Been a while since i have been on here but i think its time to get this thread going again.

To restate my rules for my picks it will be guys that are owned in less than half of espn leagues. I tend to favor pitchers with good K/BB ratio more so than ERA and win potential.

Monday-
Jacob Turner @ Arizona (8.1% owned)
His walk rate has been a little high since being called up but facing the worst offense yet since being called up.

I am in a shallower league with only 3 add/drops a week so I am going with
Mike Leake Vs. Pittsburgh (88% owned)
he has been pretty good in the last few starts with 21/3 K/BB over his last four starts in ~26 IP. He also has the benefit of a 2 start week against decent matchups and is scheduled @ Arizona on saturday.

Tuesday -
Alfredo Figaro VS. Houston (0.4% owned) Has not had real high K totals but gets a great K potential in Houston and also had very good control over his starts this season since moving from the bullpen with only 1 walk in 4 starts.

or

Joe Blanton Vs. Seattle Has been getting hit around quite a bit lately but has had past success against the Mariners and has also had a very good K/BB over the last 4 starts with a 22/1 K/BB over the last 3 starts.

Will try to check back in soon with more picks.

I'd steer clear of Turner pitching @ARI. I like Vargas at home vs. SEA or Bud Norris at home vs. White Sox.

I'd take Blanton at home vs. SEA over Figaro. I'd take Hughes at home vs. Dodgers before Figaro as well.

(If you want to see all my picks, you can find them at Razzball in the Stream-o-nator tool)
Rudy Gamble
T-Ball Trainer

Postby mixmastamikal » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:06 pm

Vargas walks too many people for my liking but did do well against them last time out and i would say has a very good chance at a Win today. Norris i agree with but was already streamed in my main league so overlooked him. I like blanton better but like to throw a couple out there.
Streamers

**Coming Soon**
mixmastamikal
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Who to Start/Bench