Inactive when do you make the decision? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Inactive when do you make the decision?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Inactive when do you make the decision?

Postby Canadian » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:02 am

I love being commish of my leagues. It started because I got screwed over by joining a league with a cheating commish many times before. I have one league where the past 3 years 10 out of 14 have re-joined, i know nobody personally just through chat etc....

I have a rule in place...inactive for 1 month...with no email, message to league and esp non updated team (usually the case)...

I have removed two owners from the league already and Im currently looking at the third...he has been inactive for 3 weeks...I'm a busy man work, family and home etc same old stuff everyone has....

The draft may have been to early March 16th ( Mock draft for most idoits)...

Any thoughts? How do you handle it?
Canadian
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Inactive when do you make the decision?

Postby fast dogs » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:26 am

you have a DL guy in your active lineup on a Monday, you get an e-mail Tuesday.you don't respond you don't see next Monday. the other members deserve that much
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 302)

Postby bigmck » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:19 am

If you have the one month rule, that covers it. If everyone knew this entering the league they have no excuse. I have never had that rule in place, but it is not bad. I like it. Give the guy an email warning with a week to shape up or he is gone.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby dangadd » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:04 pm

fast dogs wrote:you have a DL guy in your active lineup on a Monday, you get an e-mail Tuesday.you don't respond you don't see next Monday. the other members deserve that much

That one seems a bit harsh to me. I'm not a commish. I'm a second year fantasy baseball player. But that's an almost immediate reply needed. I would guess most people have lives to deal with and you have no idea what is going on (unless you know them personally).

Last year I had a holiday (vacation) booked for early on in the season (was over the Easter holidays). I had done everything I could to set a lineup for the 10 days I was going to be unavailable. As it happens Zimmerman (I think it was him) was placed on the DL while I was away - I didn't find out until I logged on to a PC in Spain 6 days later. I was on holiday, I don't check my emails every day (or even at all sometimes) when I'm on holiday.

3 weeks is a different scenario though. Any rules, if they are known at the beginning of the season, are fair enough I think.

Should the time be different in different types of league? A roto league (wich mine was) and a few missed starts by a batter can be caught up over the remainder of the season with some good roster management.

Dan
dangadd
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Canadian » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:34 am

Thanks for the reply...I don't play roto however i doubt i would change my mindset...

1 week inactive i don't notice myself, 2nd week i begin to wonder...3rd week warnings are out...(I begin to set his roster) and 4th week...i replace...

I understand people have a life and so do i...but one month the league deserves more.
Canadian
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dangadd » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:53 am

Canadian,

I'm with you - 3 or 4 weeks is too long and it's unfair of the other league members.

My reply was mainly aimed at fat dogs who said that if you have a guy on the DL in your starting line up and don't reply to an email within a week then you'd be out of his league. I thought that was a bit harsh.

Dan
dangadd
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigmck » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:24 am

dangadd wrote:Canadian,

My reply was mainly aimed at fat dogs who said that if you have a guy on the DL in your starting line up and don't reply to an email within a week then you'd be out of his league. I thought that was a bit harsh.

Dan

If a guy has not told the Commish that he will be inactive due to a vacation or what ever it may be, the above seems more than fair to me. If a guy has a DL player in the starting lineup, that means he has not been watching his team. If the Commish gives the guy an email and he has a week to respond and does not, he should be gone. That is being more than fair.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Return to Commissioner's Corner