Thoughts on Francoeur WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Thoughts on Francoeur WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thoughts on Francoeur WHIR

Postby Dagonus » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:37 pm

So I've been mulling over dropping Francoeur for anyone with a pulse at this point and Zimmerman going for an MRI has me thinking my Bench could use some help in a hurry.

League is H2H and uses OBP instead of AVG, TB counts, QS instead of W and SV+H. League is keeper.

C - M. Weiters
1B - P. Konerko
2B - I. Kinsler
3B - R. Zimmerman
SS - J. Hardy
IF - E. Encarnacion
OF - C. Granderson
OF - J. Heyward
OF - M. Cuddyer
OF - C. Beltran
OF - A. De Aza
UTIL - C. Headley
B - L. Morrison
B - J. Francoeur
B - L. Duda
B - Schierholtz

SP - Z. Greinke
SP - J. Shields
SP - S. Marcum
SP - J. Masterson
SP - J. Hellickson
RP - M. Rivera
RP - D. Robertson
RP - J. Benoit
B - A. Pettite (Everyone is allowed their one fanboy pick. Andy is mine. I'm willing to wait til he comes up around again)

DL - R. Dempster
DL - S. Santos
DL - C. Carpenter

Floyd is really just a streamer with Dempster down. Picked him up for tonight against OAK (cross fingers). Don't plan on leaving him in for BOS so I'll probably drop him for a bat for Thursday when I'm short a few guys(2B, OF open on Thursday).

If Zimmerman hits the DL, then I'll probably drop Santos out. He wasn't wowing me anyhow and with Hs counting, I'm content to keep Benoit to open up the DL slot for Zimmerman).

With so many extra OF, I was thinking of dropping Frenchie for Hill, Wells, Altuve, Alex Gonzalez, Lucroy or even Schierholtz. I really don't think I could sell Francoeur to anyone right now. Ideally LoMo would be starting, but the current starters have been pretty hot the past week or so.

I could also grab La Roche(Wed) or Luke Scott(Fri) off Waivers (I'm currently third claim). I might just wait and see if La Roche hits FA before grabbing him instead of using my Waiver on him just yet.

Other available players that I hadn't given too much thought to, but I'll list off since they're available: Aybar, both Escobars, Trumbo, Gamel, Montero, Pagan, Utley, Moustakas, A. Ramirez, M. Carpenter, Westbrook, Nova

So who would you pick up?

Edit: Floyd did his streaming job. So he was dropped and I took Schierholtz for the time being. I didn't really need another outfielder but he's hot for now. Might end up dropping him before I use him though.
Dagonus
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thoughts on Francoeur WHIR

Postby MaudDib » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:53 am

I would be fine dropping Frenchy. Luke Scott would probably be my first choice while he is hot. Or use the spot to continue to stream pitchers. I personally don't like to have too many hitters in bench spots and would rather use that bench spot on a pitcher who could at least help me out with spot starts and the like.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 369)

Postby hot4tx » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:00 am

Did I miss where you said league size? (Didn't see it if you did). In a 12-team league with 5 OFers I'd be fine dropping Frenchy. In a 14+ team league with 5 OFers I might look around at what other decent OFers with playing time are available. He's a decent player, but not a great one. However in deep enough leagues a decent OFer with secure playing time is valuable enough to hold on to.

/edit any thoughts on mine? http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=445147
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Postby Dagonus » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:00 pm

League size is 10.

I'll drop him and use the spot to stream. That'll give me two streamable spots until some guys come off the DL.

My one reservation on Luke Scott is that I'd have to waiver claim him(Comes off Friday). I'm currently the 3rd position for claims, no resets and my league doesn't make a lot of waiver claims. If he was FA, I'd be all over him.
Dagonus
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:30 pm

Altuve seems like a smart pickup. Good background and you need insurance on being a Kinsler owner.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions