HanRam trade! WHIR WHIR WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

HanRam trade! WHIR WHIR WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

HanRam trade! WHIR WHIR WHIR

Postby SLBarnes » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:16 pm

12 Team h2h 5x5 keeper league, (keep 7, 5 can be anything, 1 pitcher, 1 rookie)

I was offered: Casey Mcgehee, Kendry Morales adn a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th picks in next years draft

for my

Hanley Ramirez 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th picks in next years draft

My Keeper if I DON"T do the trade: HanRam, Kemp, J.Upton, Kinsler, Sandoval, halladay and a rookie

My Keepers if i DO do the trade: Kemp, J. Upton, Kinsler, Sandoval, Jennings, halladay and a rookie

Its an interesting offer as even without HanRam I still have a good team as Jennings is no slouch and is young. ANd i'll be set for next season with at least 2 picks in each of the first 4 rounds.

So i think I still have a chance to win if i do do this trade, and it puts me in a sweet position next year. Or should i stay the course and not do the trade, keep HanRam, and not get the draft picks for next season?

I am thinking about trading HanRam anyways... but i'd like a keeper back in return if i Do

not sure what to do ..

help!
SLBarnes
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: HanRam trade! WHIR WHIR WHIR

Postby jovenparque » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:38 pm

wow, this is a gamble. the first four picks will yield a lot of top 100 players. but they are rentals since you probably won't keep them. so you give up control of hanley to rent four players next year. jennings isn't too shabby as you said. you're definitely worsening your team this season. and i hate doing that for future success (usually speculative). it looks like you have a really good lineup, possibly a championship lineup. tough tough call.

i'd take the trade. if the trade turns out to be a mistake, then i would try to trade away those four picks and whatever else to undo the damage. i think you have more options moving forward accepting than declining. but i don't think you can go wrong either way.

help: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=445088
jovenparque
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Thursday » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:48 pm

Seems like the guy who wants to trade with you is throwing a lot at you just to get you to say yes in the deal. The 2 players you're trading for are not dudes that you'll keep. Your keepers are solid, for sure - this is one of the more interesting trades I've ever seen. I agree with you that you should get a keeper back in the deal, however. Surprisingly, i'd stand pat here.

Help out?:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=445072
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby cstorms » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:02 pm

Thursday wrote:Seems like the guy who wants to trade with you is throwing a lot at you just to get you to say yes in the deal. The 2 players you're trading for are not dudes that you'll keep. Your keepers are solid, for sure - this is one of the more interesting trades I've ever seen. I agree with you that you should get a keeper back in the deal, however. Surprisingly, i'd stand pat here.

I would also stand pat. Who would replace Hanley at SS? It's nice having Kinsler and Hanley as keepers since you don't have to worry about drafting 2b and SS which are usually very thin. Unless he throws in another valuable keeper, I'd pass.

Help please: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=445093
cstorms
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SLBarnes » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:27 pm

I have Bonifacio that i can stick into SS, put Panda at 3rd and trumbo at first... but trumbo is not an every day player yet..

I think i'm going to pass. Thansk for the help!
SLBarnes
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dominicfaiola » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:44 pm

Love the idea, but I wouldn't sacrifice a shot at a championship this year for next. Even if you were to accept Bonifacio is no slouch and could win you steals by himself.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=445020
dominicfaiola
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 58)

Postby SLBarnes » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Yea I"m not doing it!
Although I was talking to another manager, he said he'd look at Hanley and Trumbo for Tulo.

Making my keepers: Kinsler, Tulo, Kemp, J. Upton, Sandoval/Jennings, Halladay and a rookie.

I'd rather that then getting rid of Hanley for nothing

I kind of think hanley is on the way down, nice upgrade and trumbo is sitting on my bench soooo
SLBarnes
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions