Need help trading away Hamilton or Kinsler - WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Need help trading away Hamilton or Kinsler - WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need help trading away Hamilton or Kinsler - WHIR

Postby jovenparque » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:43 pm

14 team mixed h2h 12x12 daily league
OFF: R, H, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, GIDP, AVG, OPS
PIT: APP, IP, W, L, SV, H, HR, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, QS

I want to trade away Hamilton before he goes on the DL. My pitching is garbage. I pulled off the garbage pitching strategy last season to win the league and playoff, but I don't know if I can do it again. I considered staying put and speculating on young pitchers as they come up, but I'm not too sure now. I would like to target Cory Luebke and perhaps Fowler. Brett Myers is attractive because he's a relief pitcher who can be filled in at the SP position, getting saves and appearances. The other owner expressed interest in Kinsler specifically and a big bat generally. Please help me craft a fair trade. Morrow for Luebke was promptly rejected by the other owner. I really hate breaking up my lineup which I think is pretty strong for a 14 team mixed league.

MY TEAM:
C - Doumit
1B - Prince
2B - Kinsler
3B - Longoria
SS - Jed Lowrie
CI - Agon
MI - Weeks
OF - Bruce
OF - Hamilton
OF - Bourn
OF - Gerardo Parra
UT - Carlos Pena

SP (5) + RP (2) + P (2) + BN (4) - Josh Johnson, Brandon Morrow, Colon, Norris, Gee, Jonathan Sanchez, Tommy Milone, Chris Capuano, Joe Saunders, Jason Hammel, Aroldis Chapman, Sean Marshall, Aaron Crow

OTHER TEAM:
C - Miguel Montero
1B - Ike Davis
2B - Jose Altuve
3B - Lawrie
SS - D Gordon
CI - Moustakas
MI - Scutaro
OF - Braun
OF - Choo
OF - Fowler
OF - JD Martinez
UT - Mat Gamel
BN - Infante, Helton
SP/RP/P/BN - Felix, Gallardo, Luebke, Garza, Bucholz, Joe Blanton, Bruce Chen, Jon Lester, Brett Myers, Joel Hanrahan, Jason Motte, Sergio Santos (DL)
jovenparque
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need help trading away Hamilton or Kinsler - WHIR

Postby KaPluie » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:47 pm

I wouldn't trade Hamilton straight up for anything less than a top-5 pitcher. I probably wouldn't trade Hamilton for any pitcher, but if my team needed SP help, Hamilton for Felix is fair.
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jovenparque » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:52 pm

KaPluie wrote:I wouldn't trade Hamilton straight up for anything less than a top-5 pitcher. I probably wouldn't trade Hamilton for any pitcher, but if my team needed SP help, Hamilton for Felix is fair.

Yeah, it's a really tough call. Normally, I would never trade an elite hitter away, but Hamilton's injury risk worries me. It's almost guaranteed Hamilton goes down, right? What about Hamilton for Luebke and Fowler? Not enough value on my end?
jovenparque
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lenny6 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:38 pm

Hamilton for Choo or Martinez and Gallardo? I'd hate to see you weaken your OF to improve your pitching as the net result is probably a wash. You can look at trading a 2B since you have more depth there, but I'm not sure how much value Weeks has and he has just as an extensive injury history as Kinsler. Try Weeks and one of Capuano, Gee, Sanchez or Norris for Luebke, Garza or Lester? It's probably not enough. Hamilton for Luebke and Fowler definitely isn't enough for you.
Lenny6
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 12)

Postby jovenparque » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:44 pm

Lenny6 wrote:Hamilton for Choo or Martinez and Gallardo? I'd hate to see you weaken your OF to improve your pitching as the net result is probably a wash. You can look at trading a 2B since you have more depth there, but I'm not sure how much value Weeks has and he has just as an extensive injury history as Kinsler. Try Weeks and one of Capuano, Gee, Sanchez or Norris for Luebke, Garza or Lester? It's probably not enough. Hamilton for Luebke and Fowler definitely isn't enough for you.

ok, thanks for the advice. i'm glad to hear you think luebke and fowler aren't enough. too bad i really like their potential. i think i'll have to sit tight with hamilton and pray he stays healthy...
jovenparque
College Coach
College Coach

Postby heimdal » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Thanks for helping with my trade.

IMO, you need to sell high on Hamilton right now. Luebke and Fowler won't cut it.

Just stay pat until you have an offer of equal value. Who knows, you might luck out and he stays healthy all year. It is his FA year after all
heimdal
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SLBarnes » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:32 pm

Thanks for the help on mine !

Yea Leubke and Fowler for Hamilton is insane. You are getting nowhere near enough.

Now Hamilton for Felix is decent but as ppl alluded to I too hate trading a big bat for an arm. I'd alsp trade hamilton over Kinsler thought so your mind is in the right place.

Felix will help you everywhere but wins so if you can swallow that, i'd say go for it. I personally think you can get Felix and someone else. good luck
SLBarnes
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Acquaman7 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:52 pm

Keep Kinsler....

You could probably get a nice pull for Hamilton and considering your lineup i would 100% look into acquiring a big arm for him....just go to the guys with Halladay/Kershaw/Felix/Shields etc and see if the need big time OF help. If you see they do you might get more than you thought you could for Hamilton.

viewtopic.php?t=445106

thanks
Roto 9x8

C: Posey
1B: Cabrera
2B: Espinosa
3B: Headley
SS: Castro
OF: Bourn
OF: A. Jackson
OF: Trout
UTIL: I. Davis