4/24 Cheering, Venting, and Mortgages - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

4/24 Cheering, Venting, and Mortgages

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 4/24 Cheering, Venting, and Mortgages

Postby kab21 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:32 am

A point against using position scarcity in your draft. I might be starting Napoli at 1B/UT and Ianetta at C because this FA catcher is a better option than my 1Bman.

It doesn't really change who I would have drafted though. 1Bman weren't available where I wanted to pick them and I was taking Napoli anyway.

Any 1B prospects to consider stashing in a deepish (14tm, start 13 hitters) league? No there isn't anything on the WW unless you want Garrett Jones or Kotchman.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 522)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby benb18a » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:03 am

rjforlife wrote:Gio is friggin nails. He is going to dominate the NL all season. And still he gets no respect......

I wonder how long it will take for the Nationals to get some respect. One of the five best rotations in the league, easily, and their prime competitor just demoted their ace? Nope, they won't be competing for a playoff spot come August ;-7
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby daullaz » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:37 am

kab21 wrote:
Thursday wrote:
Element wrote:Nathan 0,2IP, 1 S, 1 pitch.

So why'd they trot Darvish for the 9th? Didn't they just pay $Obscene for this guy?

CGSO. You'll see teams try to get their starter a CGSO every once in awhile. it's a bummer that I benched him but this is very encouraging. This is actually why I don't try to get cute with sitting/starting and use the start em if you got em approach.

I'm shocked they tried to get Yu the CGSHO. With the troubles he had been having with control, and with the quality guys Texas has in the pen, it made sense to me to get him out with 7 scoreless innings recorded against the Yankees and a big boost in confidence. The good a CGSHO would have done to his confidence/psyche is far outweighed by the bad a meltdown in the 8th or 9th would have caused, IMO. And one big inning is always around the corner for the Yanks.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby smoovethug » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:40 am

#FreeCampana

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 88)

Postby benb18a » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:45 am

daullaz wrote:
And one big inning is always around the corner for the Yanks.

Somewhere, a Red Sox fan just died. :-b
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Skin Blues » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:39 am

kab21 wrote:A point against using position scarcity in your draft. I might be starting Napoli at 1B/UT and Ianetta at C because this FA catcher is a better option than my 1Bman.

It doesn't really change who I would have drafted though. 1Bman weren't available where I wanted to pick them and I was taking Napoli anyway.

Any 1B prospects to consider stashing in a deepish (14tm, start 13 hitters) league? No there isn't anything on the WW unless you want Garrett Jones or Kotchman.

What, you don't like James Loney? :-D

I have Gaby Sanchez available, but he's been as bad as Loney anyway.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 528)

Postby rich101682 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:42 am

Ugh, the guy I'm playing this week put me in a deep pitching hole throwing out Price/Gio/Worley tonight. And he'll get another start out of both Gio and Price this week.

This is coming off a week where I had to face double starts from Luebke/Strasburg, so it's been a bit frustrating.
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 92)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers