Now, the top 5 relief pitchers (with Saves included). Not just closers, but all. Yes, closers get the job done and they are vital. But, I want all a fair chance.
1. Pedro Strop BAL (3g / 2W / 5IP / 2H / 2ER / 1HRA / 1BB / 9K)
The Birds with a new logo and a good start are really rocking the AL East. And with a reliable relief man such as Strop to come in and fill the gap, results down the road should be good.
2. K.Jansen LAD (3g / 1W / 5.2IP / 2H / 2ER / 1HRA / 4BB / 9K)
More strikeouts for Jansen. And with Harang & Kemp on the club, The Dodgers are on the way to be a playoff contender.
3. Craig Kimbrel ATL (4g / 3-3svs / 4IP / 1ER / 3BB / 6K)
The Braves closer is getting the job done with 3 for 3 this week, and just allowing one run, but with less strikeouts. Perhaps he's dependent on the idea of hitters hitting weak grounders from his pitches to get the job done faster?
4. Jose Veras MIL (4g / 4IP / 0H / 0ER / 3BB / 6K)
If you are looking to keep the WHIP down on your fantasy baseball team, look no further.
5. S.Marshall CIN (4g /3-3svs / 3IP / 4H / 1ER / 2BB / 6K)
Reds country is trying to climb with the closer having a good week with 3 for 3 saves.
Other worthy mentions:
6. L.Perez TOR (2g / 1W / 3.2IP / 1H / 0ER / 1BB / 8K)
7. J.Wright LAD (4g / 6.2IP / 2H / 1ER / 3BB / 8K)
8. C.Stammen WSH (3g / 1W / 4IP / 3H / 0ER / 1BB / 7K)
9. Jonathan Papelbon PHI (4g / 4IP / 3-3svs / 2BB / 4K)
10. Henby Rodriguez WSH (5g / 5IP / 3-3svs / 4BB / 3K)
Opinions are welcome. I'll leave my Yahoo Messenger on. Check profile for details.