Is Ubaldo droppable in a 10 team league? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Is Ubaldo droppable in a 10 team league?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Ubaldo droppable in a 10 team league?

Postby pcm4 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:04 pm

I'd like to grab another bat and since the league is so shallow there are a lot of decent guys on the WW and there hasn't been much interest for him in trades. The only 2 pitchers I have that aren't obvious choices to keep are Sale and Minor and I like both of them a lot more (everyone else is obviously more valuable). Am I totally nuts and is Ubaldo as done as I think he is or will he make me feel like an idiot in a few months if I do this? Thanks.
pcm4
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Ubaldo droppable in a 10 team league?

Postby etl1692 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:44 pm

Such a hard call. I stayed away from Ubaldo on purpose. I just didn't like what I was seeing last year, and figured it would carry over to this year (which is seems it may have). This is your call. Being that it is a 10 team league and its so shallow you may want to drop him, but it is so hard to tell without seeing some FA's and your team. If you drop him and he gets back on track your gonna be pissed, but if you hold onto him and he doesn't your gonna be pissed. So this is risk with reward here. Risk or no Risk, thats your Management decision. I'm in a 12 team league and I would hold onto him for a while longer, but 10 team league? Your call bud

Help?
viewtopic.php?t=444901
etl1692
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby footballisbetter.com » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:42 pm

He was dropped in one of my 10 team leagues and hasn't been picked back up yet.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 92)

Postby Tony Micelli » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:52 pm

Yeah ... I think this one is kinda tough too. I don't own him in any leagues, personally. It's early ... I'd try and wait another 2 more starts or so before I made a move. But it also depends on who is available in your league's free agency. Short answer: I'm about 90% sure I'd do it.
Remember me?

Who's the Boss?

Oh Yeah ...
Tony Micelli
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions