If You Had To Draft Again Knowing What You Know Now - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

If You Had To Draft Again Knowing What You Know Now

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

If You Had To Draft Again Knowing What You Know Now

Postby edytwinky » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:29 pm

If You Had To Draft Again Knowing What You Know Now About the 2012 Season........

Who do you think would be the Top 10 picks in a H2H category league?

Who would have been the sleepers?
edytwinky
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 7
Joined: 9 Apr 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: If You Had To Draft Again Knowing What You Know Now

Postby smoovethug » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:45 pm

Matt Kemp

/thread
Image

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 8955
(Past Year: 23)
Joined: 6 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Halladay Season

Re: If You Had To Draft Again Knowing What You Know Now

Postby Ender » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:05 pm

My top 2 of Kemp and Braun wouldn't have changed at this point. I might slide Pujols down behind MCab since the Angels offense looks so bad. I would have to slip Upton out of the top 10 since he has been battling injuries. The rest would stay about the same.

Kemp, Braun, MCab, Pujols would still be my top 4.
Votto, Gonzalez, Bautista, Tulo, Cargo would still be the next 5 though the order has changed on a daily basis for me just like it did before the season.

The next tier is where things would get really interesting with Cano, Pedrioa, Kinsler, Ellsbury, Upton, Hanley, Fielder, Longoria, Teix, Granderson, Stanton and Hamilton probably actually shifting around quite a bit given what has happened but that was sort of my 3rd tier.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: If You Had To Draft Again Knowing What You Know Now

Postby Saltydog » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:21 pm

Ender wrote:My top 2 of Kemp and Braun wouldn't have changed at this point. I might slide Pujols down behind MCab since the Angels offense looks so bad. I would have to slip Upton out of the top 10 since he has been battling injuries. The rest would stay about the same.

Kemp, Braun, MCab, Pujols would still be my top 4.
Votto, Gonzalez, Bautista, Tulo, Cargo would still be the next 5 though the order has changed on a daily basis for me just like it did before the season.

The next tier is where things would get really interesting with Cano, Pedrioa, Kinsler, Ellsbury, Upton, Hanley, Fielder, Longoria, Teix, Granderson, Stanton and Hamilton probably actually shifting around quite a bit given what has happened but that was sort of my 3rd tier.


I would include Longoria and Hamilton in that second tier considering the positions they play.
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 762
(Past Year: 143)
Joined: 4 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: If You Had To Draft Again Knowing What You Know Now

Postby Izenhart » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:35 pm

This is just my opinion: Hamilton is a borderline late round 1 pick. Granderson too. Not sure who they'd bump out of the top 10. Maybe something along these lines:

Kemp, Cabrera, Braun, Pujols, Batista, AGone are my top 6. then IMO:

Hanley, Granderson, Hamilton, Verlander finish my top 10.

Then tentative order Longoria, Kershaw, Tulo, Cano, Votto, Halladay, Cargo, Upton, Kinsler, Fielder, Pedroia.

I feel Tulo is a bit overrated and SS is too deep.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1611
(Past Year: 294)
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Big Papiville

Re: If You Had To Draft Again Knowing What You Know Now

Postby BJSFAN123 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:01 pm

Izenhart wrote:This is just my opinion: Hamilton is a borderline late round 1 pick. Granderson too. Not sure who they'd bump out of the top 10. Maybe something along these lines:

Kemp, Cabrera, Braun, Pujols, Batista, AGone are my top 6. then IMO:

Hanley, Granderson, Hamilton, Verlander finish my top 10.

Then tentative order Longoria, Kershaw, Tulo, Cano, Votto, Halladay, Cargo, Upton, Kinsler, Fielder, Pedroia.

I feel Tulo is a bit overrated and SS is too deep.


The thing with Hamilton though is he is certainly a first round talent, but the concerns are his health, so not sure his ADP should improve that much, even with his great start. He's still playing CF every day making ridiculous catches every game, so I'd still be a little worried with the way he plays out there.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2352
Joined: 6 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: If You Had To Draft Again Knowing What You Know Now

Postby Gags Sports » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:27 pm

I would have passed on Daniel Hudson given that the writing was on the wall with him and I missed it (or rather I stared it down, said screw you and selected him anyway).

I'm referring to his IP increase from 2010 to 2011.

2010: 79.2
2011: 222.0
Gags Sports
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1713
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 9 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: If You Had To Draft Again Knowing What You Know Now

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:09 pm

Hudson threw 190 innings in 2010, counting AAA, White Sox, and DBacks, fyi.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6584
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: If You Had To Draft Again Knowing What You Know Now

Postby Ender » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:59 pm

Hudson always made me feel uneasy but it is hard to point at a stat based reason why.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: If You Had To Draft Again Knowing What You Know Now

Postby Gags Sports » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:54 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:Hudson threw 190 innings in 2010, counting AAA, White Sox, and DBacks, fyi.


Lol, thanks. I was about to go back and delete my post seeing how erroneous it is, but I think I will leave it for some comical relief.

A 32 IP increase is more in line with my original line of thinking, but an increase from a base of 79 sounds more alarming.
Gags Sports
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1713
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 9 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pogotheostrich and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact