Deal for Cespedes? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Deal for Cespedes? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Deal for Cespedes? WHIR

Postby mpieco » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:58 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:I don't know. As a cespedes owner, there is no way that I would sell for sale, Zimmerman or even Romero. The thing is, we still don't know what he is. But, there is definitely star potential.

Additionally, with all the steals thus far, it appears that he will still hold good value even if the bat goes cold for a while.

55 at-bats...and 7 walks. 20 K's. If his bat goes cold...odds are he isn't stealing many bases.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Deal for Cespedes? WHIR

Postby lastingsgriller » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:17 pm

7 bb, 20 k, 4 hr, 4 steals,15 RBI?

I guess I don't understand your point? Just because a player strikes out alot doesn't mean he can't be very productive. (even more so in fantasy than in real life).

In 2009 mark Reynolds had 223 k's (career high), he also had 44 hr and 24 steals. That is 1st round production. (or even #1 overall production)

1) people need to stop the assumption that a high k rate is automatically a precursor for bad fantasy numbers.

2) why are we under the assumption that cespedes is hot right now? We have no clue how good of a hitter he is. Maybe he is still adjusting to major league pitching and has only scratched the surface of what he can do.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby mrbohjangles » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:28 pm

How did you get such a beast team and he has such a mediocre team? Auction draft? I mean, you have 5-6 2nd and 3rd rounders on this team. Plus Miggy.
mrbohjangles
College Coach
College Coach

Deal for Cespedes? WHIR

Postby lastingsgriller » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:36 pm

mpieco wrote:In my opinion, major overpay. I don't see Cespedes finishing in the top 30 for OF. Maybe not even not 40. I'm not high on him...I think he's actually playing a bit above himself right now. Just wait until pitchers figure him out.

I guess I just don't understand why everyone seems so sure that pitchers are going to "figure him out". What makes you so sure that the learning curve is on the pitchers side? Why aren't people saying just wait until he "figures out" major league pitching, then he'll be a serious beast.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby TruYankeeFan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:17 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:I don't know. As a cespedes owner, there is no way that I would sell for sale, Zimmerman or even Romero. The thing is, we still don't know what he is. But, there is definitely star potential.

Additionally, with all the steals thus far, it appears that he will still hold good value even if the bat goes cold for a while.

This! ;-D

Cespedes is ranked as the 10th best OF on yahoo. While I don't expect that to be the case at year end with guys like Josh Willingham, Andre Either, Nolan Reimold in front of him...you can bet he will use that to hike the price.
trade help needed

viewtopic.php?t=470923
TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions