BB: -1
IBB: -1
K: 0.5
HLD: 4
NH: 18
PG: 27
QS: 3.5
BSV: -7

I've had Bryce Harper stashed since draft day. With Young on the DL though, I could probably use another bench batter for my Util slot. Is it time to drop Harper? Or since I've waited this long, just hold out? I was thinking of stashing Trout instead...with the Angels crappy OF and how much he's tearing up AAA, it seems like a matter of time before he's with the big club. Or I could add a different bat (or even a pitcher) that would help immediately. What would you do?

NOTE: I have ONE more player add for the week

FA Bats:
-Justin Morneau (back on track?)
-Alejandro de Aza (best option?)
-Mike Trout
-Rafael Furcal
-AJ Pierzynski
-Jordan Schafer
-Travis Hafner
-Alex Rios
-Bryan LaHair
-Luke Scott
-Cody Ross
-Matt Joyce (he's been great)
-Jason Bay (seeing the ball well this year)
-Mike Moustakas (on waivers, have 2nd overall claim)
-Gerardo Parra

FA Pitchers:
-Justin Masterson (on waivers...have 2nd overall claim)
-Matt Capps
-Jonathan Broxton
-Bud Norris
-Rick Porcello
-Francisco Cordero
-Tyler Clippard (our league counts holds)
-Ryan Vogelsong
-John Danks
-Matt Thornton
-Erik Bedard
-Mark Buehrle
-Jhoulys Chacin
-Jeff Samardzija
-AJ Burnett
-Tommy Milone
-Dillon Gee
-Daniel Bard
-Mitchell Boggs (league counts holds)

That should be enough for now. What would you do? Drop Harper and add somebody? If so, who?

12 teams
H2H Points
1 year

C: Buster Posey
1B: Freddie Freeman
2B: Robinson Cano
3B: David Wright
SS: Starlin Castro
OF: Yoenis Cespedes
OF: Corey Hart
OF: Nelson Cruz
Util: Ike Davis
BN: Jesus Montero, Bryce Harper
DL: Carl Crawford, Chris Young

SP: Justin Verlander, Matt Moore, Adam Wainwright, Johan Santana, Vance Worley, Drew Pomeranz, Jake Peavy, Mike Minor, Jarrod Parker
RP: Carlos Marmol, Jim Johnson, Hector Santiago, Henry Rodriguez
nyr199435
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Time to drop Harper? (WHIR)

Postby silverZ » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:19 pm

I'd drop him for Morneau. Even if Harper gets called up in the next couple months he's no sure bet to be a stud from the get go. Go with the guy who has shown he can produce recently.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby mixmastamikal » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:32 pm

silverZ wrote:I'd drop him for Morneau. Even if Harper gets called up in the next couple months he's no sure bet to be a stud from the get go. Go with the guy who has shown he can produce recently.

I agrtee with this go for the hot hand right now. Harper hasn't really even been doing that well in AAA so don't really think it will get better once he is up. As for Trout i Live in SLC and have seen him play several games live recently and he is the man! He is scary fast and really seems locked in right now. I would love to add him to my team but until we see any action from the Angels I will just sit tight. They have too much money wrapped up in veterans in the outfeild to actually make a good decision for the team lol. With all that said go for de aza if you want a little more speed and morneau if you are trying for rbi/ power.
Streamers

**Coming Soon**
mixmastamikal
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 13)

Postby nyr199435 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:57 pm

mixmastamikal wrote:
silverZ wrote:I'd drop him for Morneau. Even if Harper gets called up in the next couple months he's no sure bet to be a stud from the get go. Go with the guy who has shown he can produce recently.

I agrtee with this go for the hot hand right now. Harper hasn't really even been doing that well in AAA so don't really think it will get better once he is up. As for Trout i Live in SLC and have seen him play several games live recently and he is the man! He is scary fast and really seems locked in right now. I would love to add him to my team but until we see any action from the Angels I will just sit tight. They have too much money wrapped up in veterans in the outfeild to actually make a good decision for the team lol. With all that said go for de aza if you want a little more speed and morneau if you are trying for rbi/ power.

Well since it's a points league it doesn't really matter HOW I get the points...it's all about who would contribute the most. A stolen base is worth 2, a HR is worth 4, an RBI is worth 1. So if Morneau hits a double and gets an RBI, and de Aza steals a base, Morneau would get 3 points on the night to de Aza's 2. If Morneau strikes out though, they're both at two.

So the question is really who gets the most points, regardless of how they get them. Is it worth stashing Trout in case he gets called up? Some speculators have said mid-May to early June for him. Could be worth the wait, but I don't have much on my bench until Crawford comes back.
nyr199435
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nyr199435 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:08 pm

Also, Clippard seems like he has more value the way our league is set up. Should I have him over Marmol/Santiago/Rodriguez/Johnson? Again I only have one more player add for this week, so it has to be used wisely.
nyr199435
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions