Should I grab Chase Headley? [Always WHIR] - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Should I grab Chase Headley? [Always WHIR]

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Should I grab Chase Headley? [Always WHIR]

Postby TruYankeeFan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:59 pm

cordscords wrote:Guess I'm the only one who would just leave him. Think he's playing way over his head, and I wouldn't drop anybody for him.

Certainly possible...but the question is... will Bourjols turn it around enough to match him even after he comes back to earth? Or will Reimold/Gamel fall further back to earth than he does?
trade help needed

viewtopic.php?t=470923
TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MaudDib » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:36 pm

cordscords wrote:Guess I'm the only one who would just leave him. Think he's playing way over his head, and I wouldn't drop anybody for him.

I agree that he is playing over his head. I just think he is a better play while he is hot than Gamel or Bourjos. I fully expect him to be on the WW by the All-Star break but when you have a bunch of guys like this, you might as well play the hot hand.

Believe it or not...Gamel has 3 netSB...Bourjols 0 netSB...and I just think Gamel has shown the ability to be consistent and has the peripherals and history to say that he could still improve on his #s

Headley - 14R, 13RBI, 35TB, .432OBP, 2netSB (for point of reference)
Reimold - 9R, 10RBI, 36TB, .383 OBP, 1netSB
Gamel - 9R, 5RBI, 22TB, .339OBP, 3netSB
Bourjols - 4R, 7RBI, 12TB, .238OBP, 0netSB

Based on this alone I think it becomes an easy decision....

Gamel's SB is kind of a surprise. He has never done that in the majors or the minors so I would be reluctant to count on this for the season. Bourgos on the other hand had 22 SB (not sure about net) and I think he could do slightly better than that this year.

But again, I don't think it matters. I think in the end all three will end up with similar production so you might as well play the hot hand.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby a-koch » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:07 pm

I'd keep hold onto Reimold until he proves this is just a ridiculous hot streak
a-koch
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor