Kila Kaiahue - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kila Kaiahue

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kila Kaiahue

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:39 pm

This guy was pretty good in AAA in 2009 and 2010, and wasn't all that bad with the Royals (a .700 OPS over ~200 PA isn't great or even good by any means, but it's not horrid for a rookie...). He struggled last year and was just OK in the PCL But he's resurfaced in Oakland this year and is getting at least some ABs.. I don't think there's any way he's actually useful right now in fantasy (except maybe deeper AL-Onlies), but does anyone think this guy has some sort of upside still (either fantasy or real-life). I think he could be a useful real-life guy within some time, and if he got PT outside of Oakland could still be a guy worthy of fantasy ownership in deeper leagues in the future....
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Kila Kaiahue

Postby Izenhart » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:20 am

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:This guy was pretty good in AAA in 2009 and 2010, and wasn't all that bad with the Royals (a .700 OPS over ~200 PA isn't great or even good by any means, but it's not horrid for a rookie...). He struggled last year and was just OK in the PCL But he's resurfaced in Oakland this year and is getting at least some ABs.. I don't think there's any way he's actually useful right now in fantasy (except maybe deeper AL-Onlies), but does anyone think this guy has some sort of upside still (either fantasy or real-life). I think he could be a useful real-life guy within some time, and if he got PT outside of Oakland could still be a guy worthy of fantasy ownership in deeper leagues in the future....

Yes I think he could be a good play if he ever lucks into the opportunity for regular time. I've been watching him for years but he's labeled as a AAAA player who will never produce at the big league level, so if given an opportunity he needs to make the most of it to earn steady playing time.

I don't think he will be worth using this year, unless he gets traded to a team that has an actual interest in him being more than a role player.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 294)

Postby CharlatanSin » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:22 am

He was one of my big sleepers last year, and I went all-in, but he looked completely lost in the majors. He's got monster power, and it's not unheard of for a AAAA power guy to have a breakout year at his age, but I didn't like anything I saw last year.
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tavish » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:08 am

Slider bat speed. I haven't been able to watch him this season, but the label the Royals organization had on him in his time there was very apt. He has to cheat to catch up to a good fastball and it always left him extremely vulnerable to off-speed pitches. Even at his peak he is probably only worth a play in deep AL-only leagues, .260 type potential with maybe 20 HRs and will struggle with the glove. In reality he probably won't reach either of those.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Ender » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:06 pm

Pretty sure he'll never get full time bats because his name is too annoying for the announcers and the lineup card.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Saltydog » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:39 pm

Hawaiian Sam Horn, with about 50 fewer big league HRs.
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 143)

Return to Baseball Leftovers