Dempster dropped! Jump All Over Him?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Dempster dropped! Jump All Over Him??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dempster dropped! Jump All Over Him??

Postby etl1692 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:12 pm

Only have one DL spot. Someone dropped Dempster would it be worth me stashing him until he gets back? Right now I have Gardner and Carpenter on the DL with Asdrubal coming back from a death in the family. Also if it is worth grabbing him, should I use my WAiver pick out of 12 teams I have the 7th? Or do you think I should just hope he goes to FA's which is April 25th? I feel like a solid addition like dempster really would give me a boost and may be smart in the long run......

Batting:
C: Chris Iannetta
1B: Joey Votto *
2B: Rickie Weeks
3B: Alex Rodriguez
SS: Asdrubal Cabrera
OF: Matt Kemp ; B.J. Upton ; Alejandro De Aza
Util: Delmon Young
Util: Brett Gardner
BN: Mike Aviles (3B,2B,SS)
BN: Chase Headley

Pitching:
SP: Tim Lincecum ; SP: C.C. Sabathia ; RP: Matt Capps ; RP: Fernando Rodney ; P: Josh Beckett ; P: Max Scherzer ; P: Shaun Marcum ; P: Jonathon Niese ; P: Mike Minor ; P: Chris Sale ; P: Danny Duffy ; DL: Chris Carpenter

League: 12 teams, H2H, Points System
Batting: R=1 H=1 2B=2 3B=3 HR=4 RBI=2 SB=2 CS=-1 BB=1 IBB=1 HBP=1 K=-1 GIDP=-1 TB=1
Pitching: IP=1 W=10 L=-5 CG=10 SHO=10 SV=5 ER=-1 BB=-1 HBP=-1 K=-1 WP=-1 BLK=-1 Pick=2 NH=20 PG=25
etl1692
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dempster dropped! Jump All Over Him??

Postby MaudDib » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:39 am

I would probably pick him up but it depends on who you plan to drop. Aviles is probably the only guy I would consider at the moment.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 381)

Postby etl1692 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:31 pm

MaudDib wrote:I would probably pick him up but it depends on who you plan to drop. Aviles is probably the only guy I would consider at the moment.

BUMP.......

And I wont drop Aviles. He is eligible for 3B,2B,SS. Love the versitility. I was thinking of dropping Danny Duffy. So basically with Asdrubal back tomorrow and Gardner back May 3rd. I would have Carpenter on the DL, and Dempster on the DL. With only one DL spot in our league.... Doesn't seem too bad? Worth the hold?
etl1692
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby etl1692 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Does anyone on this site help or what? I can name a few guys off the top of my head that give solid advice. The rest are all selfish.

Help each other out guys come on!
etl1692
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pcm4 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:51 pm

I'm in a pretty shallow league (10 teams) and I drafted Dempster because I thought he was due for a bounceback year. Obviously he was making me look good until he got injured. I dropped him because I didn't have room on my DL and I thought I could get away with keeping him in the FA pool (so far that has been the case). Personally I wouldn't use a waivers claim on him. I guess you could add him right away if he clears waivers, but I'd really like to see how he pitches for one start coming off of his injury so it might be worth waiting a day and if he isn't picked up just assume you can wait it out. Obviously since you are in a 12 team league that decision gets a bit tougher, but I would definitely not use a waiver claim on him. If you do pick him up right away and want to drop a pitcher I'd kick Duffy or if you wanted to get rid of a bat I'd kick Headley who just gets killed by his home park.
pcm4
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby pcm4 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:53 pm

I guess an important question would be what kind of pitching is currently available in the FA pool. That might give us a better idea of the odds of whether you can wait for him to have one start after clearing waivers.
pcm4
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby oxhammer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:00 pm

I'd consider Duffy or Beckett. Beckett hasn't looked good so far, but he has more of a track record, so I'd give him some more time. The other person to consider would be Carpenter. He'll be out for a bit and might need some time to get his quality back. But, he'd have higher upside than Duffy. As for waivers, I'd use it on Dempster. Your waiver isn't all that high, Dempster only has a minor injury, and he looked good before he got hurt.
oxhammer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)

Postby Hopscotch Assasin » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:13 pm

He was tearing it up before the injury, the problem isnt him he just has no run support lol. That being said i stashed him on my DL because he is a K machine and is pitching great. The injury is a strained quad...he'll be fine.
C-Mcann P=Halladay,J.Santana,Hamels,Haren,Greinke,CJ Wil,,Valverde,Axford,H.rodriguez
1B-Cuddyer
2B-Uggla
3B-Wright
SS-Andrus
2B/SS-Kipnis
3B/1B-Encarnacion
OF-Gordon
OF-Soo choo
OF-Ryan Braun
OF-Holliday
OF-Kendrick,H
UTL-Werth
BE-Melky,C
Hopscotch Assasin
College Coach
College Coach

Postby footballisbetter.com » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:23 pm

Yes, definitely pick him up and drop Duffy.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 157)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions