Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Rank these 3 SP (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rank these 3 SP (WHIR)

Postby cordscords » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:47 pm

-Matt Harrison
-Ross Detwiler
-Phil Humber

Looking to add 1, and see where people rank these 3. Standard 5X5 scoring.
Last edited by cordscords on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rank these 3 SP (WHIR)

Postby benb18a » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:54 pm

Harrison
Detwiller

Humber

Harrison will accumulate SP1/SP2 win totals on that team, but is a bit weak in the K department. I grabbed him because I have Strassy and Greinke to cover that. If healthy, he is a lock for 15+ wins. Strasburg has the same problem Detwiler does...run support. In other words, check out yesterday, and Detwiler's last start a few days ago. Plus Detwiler also has a K rate pretty well below average for a pitcher with his overall production. Go with the guy on a great team with an epic offense. Either way they're both good pitchers overlooked because of being overshadowed by their offensive juggernaut team/a top 5 teammate.

Humber - I was checking the WW today to see who was dropped in order to pick him up. :-b
Last edited by benb18a on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:03 pm

Detwiler
Harrison
Humber

League settings could change this a fair amount, though.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby saemick » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:13 pm

benb18a wrote:Harrison
Detwiller

Humber

Harrison will accumulate SP1/SP2 win totals on that team, but is a bit weak in the K department. I grabbed him because I have Strassy and Greinke to cover that. If healthy, he is a lock for 15+ wins. Strasburg has the same problem Detwiler does...run support. In other words, check out yesterday, and Detwiler's last start a few days ago. Plus Detwiler also has a K rate pretty well below average for a pitcher with his overall production. Go with the guy on a great team with an epic offense. Either way they're both good pitchers overlooked because of being overshadowed by their offensive juggernaut team/a top 5 teammate.

Humber - I was checking the WW today to see who was dropped in order to pick him up. :-b

this. I think Saturday was Humber's peak. He should be a serviceable SP moving forward, but I like both Harrison & Detwiler better

help:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=444890
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KaPluie » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:26 am

1. Matt Harrison
3. Ross Detwiler (but what happens when Chien Ming-Wang comes back?)
10. Phil Humber
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Holein1 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:28 am

benb18a wrote:Harrison
Detwiller

Humber

This! ;-D

Please help

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=444913
Holein1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby OBPlover » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:30 am

Well I'm' going to get in trouble for this but I'd go:

HUMBER
HARRISON
DETWILER

Harrison will win his share of ball games as his run support is miles better than Humber's. The key here is ballpark factor. The Ballpark is a hitter's paradise and sooner or later Harrison will feel its effects. Humber also had a lower WHIP and ERA, with a slightly better K/9. Therefore you are likely to improve 3 categories at the cost of one. Phil Humber is being dismissed because he had a perfect game and will have to go down from there. But I don't think that's a good enough reason.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 118)

Postby TruYankeeFan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:00 am

cordscords wrote:-Matt Harrison
-Ross Detwiler
-Phil Humber

The history and projections all say you have this in the right order.

But the real question is do you believe in the new Humber...and I am not just talking this weekend. Last year when he came to the white sox (and was back from TJ surgery) they decided to scrap one of his pitches (sorry forget which) for a slider. That slider, has improved dramatically and was the reason he was able to achieve the perfecto this weekend (along with a ridiculously aggressive M's....I thought some hos they had been hooked up to my MLB the Show controller! LOL )

Anyway...Buck Showalter (skip of the O's) said last week after they faced Humber that he looked impressive and that the slider was a real weapon.

So ... yes ... The old Humber is far below the others....but what about the new? Might be worth the gamble that he is closer to the guy with 14.1IP, 16K, 0.63ERA, and 0.63WHIP from this year...or ....228.2IP, 167K, 3.90ERA, 1.24WHIp guy from before the surgery and new pitch?

Little help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=444922
trade help needed

viewtopic.php?t=470923
TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:19 am

Matt Harrison
Ross Detwiler
Phil Humber
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby Cypher74 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:28 am

I like Harrison, Detwiler, Humber, but don't have a problem taking a shot at Humber over Detwiler.

Help?

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=444935
Cypher74
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions