Kemp Owners or Seekers... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Kemp Owners or Seekers...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Kemp Owners or Seekers...

Postby Canadian » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:26 pm

Canadian wrote:
KaPluie wrote:I wouldn't do Bautista and Jeter, because I just can't trust Jeter to be awesome all year long... too many miles. But I would do Bautista and a top-5 pitcher in a split second.

I trust Jeter. However still not enough...plus (my team bias) I have Cabrera doesn't make sense

I agree this topic is just for conversation.

Cant argue with that...but right now is kemp #1? Doesn't really matter which league...Just curious if anyone has traded for him, willing to trade or seen a trade....
Canadian
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Beeblebrox » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:28 pm

I've got both Kemp and Pujols in one of my leagues...and for as insanely hot as Kemp has been, Pujols has been exactly the opposite.

While I wouldn't let someone lowball me on Pujols because of his slow start, I would definitely demand a little extra in return for Kemp than I would have during Spring Training.

Sure, it's a double standard in that I won't lower a stud's price due to a slow start, and I would raise a stud's price due to a fast start....but that's just how it goes. There's nobody that's untouchable, I'd deal anyone for the right price, and that price is constantly in flux.

As for Kemp's (or Pujols') "actual value", that's entirely relative to your league settings and leaguemates.
Beeblebrox
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby benb18a » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:31 pm

Yes, he's #1. He's the only player in the game that can do 40 homers/40 steals, and has a chip on his shoulder because of what frequently happens, being snubbed for MVP because of being on a nonplayoff team. He's literally a five tool fantasy stud, no AVG or SB deficits like many sluggers. This means you need to get an absolutely elite player and then some in return for him, a very good upgrade at another position along with a Braun/Bautista/Pujols in return.
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canadian » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:32 pm

benb18a wrote:His trade value is what somebody will pay for him.

But to answer your question less abstractly, it depends. A first rounder that is healthy/producing like they should, plus an 18 win 200k pitcher or an elite upgrade at another position.

I agree.

Which is why i started this topic, kemp 1st rounnd pick for another 1st round pick...plus an ace.

As a kemp owner im excited but i cant be the only one who thinks Kemp is worth keeping regardless? For example...Longoria and CC for Kemp...I might keep kemp ( i grow attached to my stars). Kemp has insane trade value im curious who gave him up...right now im considering Kemp and Berkman for Longoria, Jered Weaver and Jeter...

I STILL dont think its worth it!...(Im a huge weaver fan)
Canadian
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Canadian » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:37 pm

Beeblebrox wrote:I've got both Kemp and Pujols in one of my leagues...and for as insanely hot as Kemp has been, Pujols has been exactly the opposite.

While I wouldn't let someone lowball me on Pujols because of his slow start, I would definitely demand a little extra in return for Kemp than I would have during Spring Training.

Sure, it's a double standard in that I won't lower a stud's price due to a slow start, and I would raise a stud's price due to a fast start....but that's just how it goes. There's nobody that's untouchable, I'd deal anyone for the right price, and that price is constantly in flux.

As for Kemp's (or Pujols') "actual value", that's entirely relative to your league settings and leaguemates.

Of course the league settings matter. I want everyone to reflect on their own or what they have seen.

After the draft for sure I would consider Longoria, Pujols, Caberba for Kemp...but right now its a chance to rape.
Canadian
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby zippytrash » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Canadian wrote:I agree.

Which is why i started this topic, kemp 1st rounnd pick for another 1st round pick...plus an ace.

As a kemp owner im excited but i cant be the only one who thinks Kemp is worth keeping regardless? For example...Longoria and CC for Kemp...I might keep kemp ( i grow attached to my stars). Kemp has insane trade value im curious who gave him up...right now im considering Kemp and Berkman for Longoria, Jered Weaver and Jeter...

I STILL dont think its worth it!...(Im a huge weaver fan)

I can't say I really like either of those for Kemp blindly. As it was said before, it all depends on your scoring and roster settings, and if you have keepers what your league keeper policy states. Also, of course, what does your team look like and what are your needs? I am sadly not a Kemp owner, and those who do in the leagues I'm in are not budging. Even if you're stacked at OF and really weak on the left side infield... I would want more.

MOAR!
Longoria & CC is okay, but I think you should go after a SP with better ratios...think NL.

I also think you can do better than Longoria/weaver/jeter

I do like Kemp for joey-bats and a top-tier starter.

Don't like just Bautista + Jeter - Jeet's value is way too low to be a major part of the deal. It does look like you may need help at SS, and I think he is someone to target as a throw-in.

I do like Kemp & Berk(if you can take the hit at 1B) for Bautista/top-tier SP/Jeter

I guess I like Bautista over Longoria... and the pitcher has to be better than Weaver/CC for me to move Kemp. :^
Here's to you, Mr. Robinson. Jesus loves you more than you Cano.
zippytrash
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions