Trade Nelson Cruz? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade Nelson Cruz?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Nelson Cruz?

Postby pjtroy34 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:13 am

12team, H2H weekly 6x6 roto; additional cats of BB-KO hitting, L, SV+HD.
C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, (4) OF, UTIL, (4) SP, (2) RP, (1) P, (8) BENCH
can keep 10 players, move up 2 rounds from the previous year.

Take a look at this cast of underachievers and you'll be able to tell I'm getting dominated so far this year.

Given my roster makeup should I try to trade Nelson Cruz? He's extremely frustrating to own when he's on one of his infamous cold streaks/injured...thinking Desmond Jennings or Carl Crawford are possibly the easiest to acquire, but I'm not sure I love either. I can't keep Cruz after this year and I have Stanton doing the same things Nelson does (sucking).
1) Jennings has one year of keeper eligibility left, next y.ear in the 15th round.
2) Carl could be kept in the 4th round next year if he bounces back to his old self...or ever gets healthy. I think I'd have to make the deal now when his injury is still in flux to make this happen...and I may be able to get Wilson Ramos (2 more years, 21st and 19th if he's one of my top 10 players) or Alcides Escobar as well (move Bonifacio to OF).

Side note, do I jump ship on Belt since Bochy apparently hates his guts? Hanrahan is available on waivers and I may go (4) relievers until Wainwright or Moore get their poop in a group...

Lineup
C: Pierzynski
1B: Votto
2B: Pedroia
SS: Bonifacio
3B: Lawrie
OF: Stanton
OF: Cruz
OF: Pence
OF: Willingham
DH: Hosmer

SP: Hamels
SP: Cueto
SP: Luebke
SP: Garza
P: Ogando
RP: Mariano
RP: Casilla

BN: Soto (just picked up AJ since this clown blows)
BN: Kendrys
BN: Alexei
BN: Belt
BN: Wainwright
BN: M. Moore
BN: Nicasio
BN: Storen

DL: VMart (have to be on DL60 to use DL slot)
pjtroy34
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Nelson Cruz?

Postby NikkiSixx » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:44 am

I would trade Stanton before I ever traded Cruz.

I say no, you dont trade Cruz, he plays in a fantastic lineup and has a great home park, and he has been hitting the ball much better over the last week.

It's a long season, dont trade players out of frustration in April. I think your team will be just fine for the most part, although I'm not a huge Giancarlo Stanton fan, he should be good for 30+ HR's.

Keep Nelson Cruz.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 433)

Postby pjtroy34 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:59 am

NikkiSixx wrote:I would trade Stanton before I ever traded Cruz.

I say no, you dont trade Cruz, he plays in a fantastic lineup and has a great home park, and he has been hitting the ball much better over the last week.

It's a long season, dont trade players out of frustration in April. I think your team will be just fine for the most part, although I'm not a huge Giancarlo Stanton fan, he should be good for 30+ HR's.

Keep Nelson Cruz.

I agree with you for the most part...the problem is I can keep Stanton in the 15th next year so he brings added value...that is why I was leaning Nelson.
I guess Stanton for Jennings is a potential option, but Nelson carries the bigger name in our league.
pjtroy34
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MaudDib » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:44 pm

I would look to trade Cruz but only if you are getting good value. I think Jennings is close but not quite enough and same goes with Crawford. Stanton started off cold last year as well and look what he finished the season doing.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions