4/22 cheering-venting & Humber...........oh the Mariners - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

4/22 cheering-venting & Humber...........oh the Mariners

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 4/22 cheering-venting & Humber...........oh the Mariners

Postby CadensDad » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
CadensDad wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:
The Phils definitely do not look good this year. Victorino and Pence look like their only competent hitters. The Braves should take the AL East this year as long as Hanson stays healthy.

I think the Braves are talented, but taking the AL East is tough, I'd be willing to bet we dont finish in the top 5 in the AL East.......

Whatever, you know what I meant smart guy. ;-7

Haha, it's not often I am able to grab a spot like that......... anyways I think it's the Braves division to lose. with the health concerns and slow starts by the Phils I think the age is starting to show. However we need these things to happen

1.)Hudson to come back strong, if he can come be the innings eater he normally is, pitch around that 3.5 mark or lower and stay healthy.

2.)Chipper to stay off the DL, we can rest him every 3rd day and line it up with off days to give him the rest. but having his bat in the lineup is nice.

3.)Heyward to keep pace, guy is having a solid year, should be a 20/30 guy and if he can clip the ball near .300 really ne a force in the lineup.

4.)Hanson stays healthy, guy is a cy young type of pitcher. But if he isn't at least 90% we wont be as effective.

Those 4 things there are key imo, if we cant do those things we will be sitting home come OCT.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NikkiSixx » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:00 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
smoovethug wrote:Through an inning and a half there are 4 errors committed in the Phi/SD game.

The Phils definitely do not look good this year. Victorino and Pence look like their only competent hitters. The Braves should take the AL East this year as long as Hanson stays healthy.

The Nationals look like they have a strong starting rotation too. I like Edwin Jackson a lot this year, Jordan Zimmermann has been incredibly efficient, Gio Gonzalez is looking really good, Strasburg is....Strasburg, and Detwiler is one of the better 5th starters in all of baseball.

I wouldnt count the Phillies out though... they can certainly have a second half surge if all of their players are healthy. I know Cliff Lee just hit the disabled list, but he will return... and its hard to count out anybody that has 3 complete aces like Lee/Hamels?Halladay.

Even the Marlins could make a push if Josh Johnson and Giancarlo Stanton get their acts together.

The Mets are off to a great start but they should fade away.

I expect the NL east to be extremely competetive this year, and a lot of fun to watch in September.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 433)

Re: Re: 4/22 cheering-venting & Humber...........oh the Mari

Postby wrveres » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:21 pm

smoovethug wrote:Through an inning and a half there are 4 errors committed in the Phi/SD game.

Welcome to the 2012 NL West. Little league teams commit less errors.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:27 pm

wrveres wrote:

You need to fly down to Kinston Tuesday night then to watch Evan's 4 year old T Ball game. Heck, we will have 4 errors on the first ball hit in play. :-b
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benb18a » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:41 pm

41 runs, 13 home runs, 41 RBI, 2.39 ERA, 0.98 WHIP through 69 IP...and I will end up tied for the week if my opponent scores two more runs with Morales, Uggla, Reynolds, Dunn, J Weeks, Bourn still playing, thanks to: Reimold, Beltre, De Aza, Ortiz, Granderson, Kelly Johnson all sitting out/rained out/injured today :-X

Wow, Ron Roenicke is a douche. Guys brings up Peralta in the pen yesterday, with the ability to put him in in two different innings of a six run game...and instead he chooses the ninth of a two run game to give him his first big league action :|
Last edited by benb18a on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Weasel_King » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:43 pm

How about that Lawrie steal of home...
Weasel_King
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tennessee Jed » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:06 pm

Weasel_King wrote:How about that Lawrie steal of home...

It won SB's for me giving me a perfect 12-0 score on the week B-)
Tennessee Jed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:11 pm

wrveres wrote:

Fewer errors.

Just one more mistake from the NL West. :-B
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:21 pm

Think I'm gonna hang on by the skin of my teeth and go to 2-0 cause of my opponent's Bills ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby benb18a » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:24 pm

Somehow my opponent's entire lineup played today, and managed four runs and one RBI, so I barely pulled off the 6-4 win :-°
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers