Yu Darvish for Youkilis/Delmon?? WHIR always!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Yu Darvish for Youkilis/Delmon?? WHIR always!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yu Darvish for Youkilis/Delmon?? WHIR always!!

Postby BiGAnT » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:16 am

Hey guys, so this offer came out of nowhere and at first I thought no, but then I was thinkin...

DO I trade Yu Darvish for Kevin youkilis and Delmon Young?? I know its a possibility because of the potential of BOS and DET lineup, but I actually need pitching more than offense. BUT, I'm thinking, I could flip a 3B for a solid pitcher, because if I make this trade, I will have David Wright, Pablo Sandoval and then Youk (who I know is struggling, but still). And my OF was supposed to be extremely good until ellsbury went down, upton is not himself and now I have avg-solid OFs...so looking at my team, would Delmon really be an upgrade as of right now?? maybe? Sorry for the long explanation, but thank you guys for helping out!! Leave your links and I'll be sure to respond ASAP!! :-D

C Russell Martin
1B Eric Hosmer
2B Howie Kendrick
3B Pablo Sandoval
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Shin-Soo Choo
OF Austin Jackson
OF J.D. Martinez
Util David Wright
BN Justin Upton (injured, but played tonight, so it looks like he's back)
BN Jesus Montero
DL Jacoby Ellsbury

SP Zack Greinke
SP Johnny Cueto
SP Shaun Marcum
RP Javy Guerra
RP Sean Marshall
RP Hector Santiago
P Yu Darvish
P Hiroki Kuroda
P Vance Worley
P Lance Lynn
Last edited by BiGAnT on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philippians 4:13
BiGAnT
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yu Darvish for Youkilis/Delmon?? WHIR always!!

Postby OBPlover » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:36 am

No, it's a terrible trade for you. Your OF is fine, Ellesbury won't be out forever and Upton is back. Not sure who you're trying to replace. YU has unlimited upside. Let me ask you this, if this was the start of the season would you make the trade? my guess is that in your league YU was taken much higher than either player and in the avg auction draft went for more than Youk and Delmon combined.

You don't want to make that deal.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 135)

Postby BiGAnT » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:16 am

OBPlover wrote:No, it's a terrible trade for you. Your OF is fine, Ellesbury won't be out forever and Upton is back. Not sure who you're trying to replace. YU has unlimited upside. Let me ask you this, if this was the start of the season would you make the trade? my guess is that in your league YU was taken much higher than either player and in the avg auction draft went for more than Youk and Delmon combined.

You don't want to make that deal.

I see your point, but nah actually Youk was taken much earlier than Yu in my league, I got him at a pretty decent price...BUT you're right, I wouldn't have made this trade at the start of the season haha And yeah Delmon was taken way after him (but I see the lineup he's in and its kinda tempting with him batting behind the big 2). And the only reason I was thinking about it is because I was hoping to be able to flip one of my 3 third baseman and an OF for a better pitcher than Yu. But I could actually probably flip one of Wright or Pablo for a stud, so yeah this would do nothing for me..I see what you're sayin haha thanks
Philippians 4:13
BiGAnT
College Coach
College Coach

Postby OBPlover » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:54 am

Youk going higher than YU? I just don't see it. UNless your league uses OBP as Youk is almighty in that category. But Youk is 33, has shown to be somewhat injury prone and his average suffered last year, His power is also suspect. Basically being on a great offensive team amd having third base eligibility is probably what elevated him.

As for Delmon, I consider him to be somewhat overrated, He had that really great year in 2010 with all those RBI's but I think tit was a career year. He never really showed amazing power even in 2010, he doesn't steal bases, his average is ok but not great. He shows almost no patience at the plate which always makes me a little nervous.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 135)

Postby MaudDib » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:19 pm

No. Darvish will come around. There was bound to be some struggles as he adjust to a new level of pitching but his stuff is still really good and it is just a matter of confidence before he takes that next step.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions