Is this luck or is my team this good? [Always WHIR] - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Is this luck or is my team this good? [Always WHIR]

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is this luck or is my team this good? [Always WHIR]

Postby TruYankeeFan » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:30 am

So I know my team is not perfect (and I am probably letting my emotions mess with my head when it comes to Phil Hughes...but for as many question marks I still have I am racking up wins.

Right now I was 17-2-1 coming into this week...and with just today to go...I am up 9-1 with significant leads in most categories.

for league ranks...I am:

3rd in Runs
9th in RBI (*this worries me a lot)
6th in TB
4th in OBP
4th in NSB
1st in IP
1st in SV
1st in K
7th in ERA (** This will correct itself a lot when Hughes picks it up or is dropped)
9th in WHIP (** This will correct itself a lot when Hughes picks it up or is dropped)

on average I rank 4.5 or out of 12.

Now my first week was pretty bad for both hitting and pitching (just faced someone who had a worse week luckily) so just looking at the last two weeks I am actually ranking higher all around.

I know my roster has a huge question mark in Phil Hughes, but since he will lose his spot in 3 weeks if he does not improve...I am going to hang in there to see if he can turn it around and force a different move before that. I figure I will drop him and stream a SP with his spot until Carpenter returns if he does lose his spot to Pettitte when Andy is ready to come back.

But with only 1 DL spot...I am hurting with Carpenter and Crawford on the DL for an undetermined amount of time, and now Gardner on it for at least 2 weeks...I am hurting for depth.

To make matters worse Peter Bourjols just looks like he is not only struggling but quickly losing playing time as well. I did not expect him to be the core of my OF...but I did draft him thinking he would be a solid 4th IF/UTIL option before the season.

My full roster is below in my sig...

So what do you think?

I know this pace is unsustainable ...but am I good enough to stay at the front of the pack for the season? and what moves would you make if your were in my place?

EDIT 4.24.12: dropped Volquez and Bourjols for Headley and Reimold
Last edited by TruYankeeFan on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
trade help needed

viewtopic.php?t=470923
TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is this luck or is my team this good? [Always WHIR]

Postby TruYankeeFan » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:39 am

Best Available FA....

Hitters:
Nolan Reimold
Chase Headley
Angel Pagan
AJ Pierzynski
Omar Infante
Luke Scott
Adam LaRoche
Jon Jay
Kirk Nieuwenhuis
Mike Aviles

Ptichers:
Phil Humber
Russ Detwiler
Luis Perez
Henry Rodriguez
Jason Vargas
Jason Hammel
Jake Arrieta
Joe Saunders
Danny Duffy
Ivan Nova
trade help needed

viewtopic.php?t=470923
TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby aerrico » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:25 am

I think this team is way to SP heavy for this shallow of a league. Offensively, you do not have enough players to be excited about, and I think that the totals that you have thus far may even be a bit optimistic. Jeter is off to a very hot start and will not be able to sustain this pace, ARod hasn't gotten going yet but is an injury liability, and the outfield is pretty weak considering how deep the league is (even if Crawford comes back to a decent year).

I would definitely consider trading any non-Kershaw starting pitching for a bat, particularly looking for some help in the outfield.... there just is not enough power on this team to continue winning...

I do like the relief pitching as Chapman is a great ratios guy to have to help with the strikeouts in a non-holds league.

Overall, this team can definitely compete if you are able to move a bit of SP to get another power bat or two.

viewtopic.php?t=443693
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby rmmaye2 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:21 am

Personally, I would pick up H Rodriguez and Chase Headley for Gamel and Hughes. Rodriguez seems to have locked down the closer role for now, and headley has been insanely good.

Good Luck!
rmmaye2
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:07 am

Seems like you could use some help in the OF and have a surplus of pitching. I would try to trade a top tier pitcher for some OF help.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=444818&p=3510994#p3510994
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TruYankeeFan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:26 am

Oh I know Jeter's run is unsustainable (although the yanks fan in me hopes this is 99 again...LOL).

I hear you on OF power being an issue...but there is only one owner looking for SP who has OFs that fit the bill....and I don't think he will make it easy. His SP and OF as follows.....

OF:Grandy, Swishilicious, AJax, Matt Joyce...last two are def downgrades on any guy on my team.

SP:Weaver, Haren, Kuroda, McCarthy, Masterson, Fister

Already made a change or two....But I am not willing to give up on Hughes just yet. I know I should...he has proven everyone right so far...but I still feel like his problem is just putting it all together...and the yanks seem to agree as so far they are saying that Sweaty Freddy will be the one to go when Andy comes back.

Dropped Volquez and Bourjols and picked up Chase Headley and Nolan Reimold. There are several streaming options on the WW that can help me as much or more than Volquez without killing my ERA and WHIP.
trade help needed

viewtopic.php?t=470923
TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rmmaye2 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:28 pm

Hughes is not worthy of a roster spot in any format as far as i am concerned.

I would grab henry, lehair, or altuve if they are available.

give me ur opinion on my squad

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=445252
rmmaye2
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby TruYankeeFan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:22 pm

sorry...update...made some moves...

picked up Altuve and am streaming Volquez for tonight's game.
trade help needed

viewtopic.php?t=470923
TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team