Gotta team to brag about? Destroying your league? Let's see. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Gotta team to brag about? Destroying your league? Let's see.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Gotta team to brag about? Destroying your league? Let's see.

Postby Izenhart » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:35 am

Links to your team or league standings/matchup would be cool. Maybe you have a team that has an incredible batting average or ERA.

I'll start by sharing a team I'm having fun following: I put together a concept team, shooting to sweep pitching and steals in H2H, going for a possible 8-2 weekly in BA/Runs/SB using a bunch of cheap leadoff types. Working out pretty good so far, went 6-4 week 1 and now 7-3 in week 2:

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... 1=9&mid2=7

14 steals this week is LOL. I had to bench Gordon. I'm pretty stoked Ellsbury got hurt, now Aviles gets to leadoff. Hope he bats .290 and pushes a 100 run pace for awhile.

Anyone sweeping H2H or hitting/pitching cats in roto? Who's hot for you? Who are you hot for?
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 293)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Gotta team to brag about? Destroying your league? Let's

Postby benb18a » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:45 pm

For the second week, nobody in the league has matched any of my R/HR/RBI totals, 37/12/30, except my opponent of course, whom I'm tied with in RBI at the moment. If he ends up nipping me in RBI I guess it would only figure. Despite this and having a team ERA of 2.32 and WHIP of 0.97, I have two wins in seven starts so far and two saves by Axford and Valverde. Losing both categories royally.
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kab21 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Somebody else from the cafe is destroying my cafe league but I'm 1st in R/HR/RBI/AVG due to Kemp/Napoli/Willy/Swisher. Perhaps things would be different in pitching if I hadn't lost all 3 of my closers.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 166)

Postby smoovethug » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:50 pm

A combination of hot players, cheap pitching thru the draft and nice FA moves. 8x8 league, this team is sitting at a cool 23-9 for 2nd place (0.5 gb).

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Izenhart » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:58 pm

My opponent in my main league's 9x9 (includes QS, holds, losses and walks) has a strategy that starts all relief pitching, hoping to win ERA, WHIP, SV, HLD, BB, and L, simply ignoring QS, Wins and K's. He's not the only team in the league doing this, so there's tons of good SP's on the wire.

Anyway, he's running Aveces and Francisco out there, who combined for 0.1 IP, L, 5 BB, 216.00 ERA, 27.00 WHIP today.

That's his third pitcher's loss this week from 6 relievers, and his team ERA and WHIP are now at 12.66 and 2.91, thanks in part to a Greg Holland meltdown the other day. :-)
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Ender » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:29 am

I'm at 130 pts in a 16 team league which is way out ahead of most and 80 pts ahead of last. I hung towards the top and just had one huge day and that was enough to push me ahead. My roster is nothing special so won't post it though I think it is good considering how deep the league is. I did have Humber which obviously helped out today. It is a weekly league and I grabbed him for his 2 start week and had dropped him but grabbed him back in the 9th after his big game.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Izenhart » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:39 pm

Thanks to Kemp and big weeks from Swisher and Dunn, I'm now 12 points in all hitting categories!

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... /standings

I really have a loaded lineup on this one. Cueto has been huge for $2.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers