Ross Detwiler - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ross Detwiler

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ross Detwiler

Postby I Stumped the Schwab » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:52 pm

I'd advise you all to get on him while you still can, he put in another gem today. At first I was skeptical, but here's his first 3 starts

vs. NYM 5 IP, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
vs. CIN 5 IP, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
vs. MIA 6 IP, 0 ER, 1 BB 7 K

And he was the 6th overall pick in the 2007 draft. All those other arms in the Washington rotation are getting the hype over him. I wouldn't want to be the one waiting to see how continues, I really think he could be very beneficial to teams this year.
I Stumped the Schwab
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ross Detwiler

Postby Ender » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:40 am

Good luck with that.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Magnus_CA » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:59 am

Ender wrote:Good luck with that.

I expect more out of you. :-{

He has the pedigree, the park, and he's strung together three quality starts. I'm buying him up where I can.
Magnus_CA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Ender » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:05 am

Magnus_CA wrote:

He has the pedigree, the park, and he's strung together three quality starts. I'm buying him up where I can.

He has faced crappy teams, he is on a mediocre team and his peripherals don't suggest the stats he has produced. If you expect more from me sorry but I don't agree. He fits the profile of the type of guy that teams add and regret on a consistent basis. He is why decent fantasy players lose their leagues because they don't understand the difference between a smart risk and a bad one.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby I Stumped the Schwab » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:18 am

Ender wrote:
Magnus_CA wrote:

He has faced crappy teams, he is on a mediocre team and his peripherals don't suggest the stats he has produced. If you expect more from me sorry but I don't agree. He fits the profile of the type of guy that teams add and regret on a consistent basis. He is why decent fantasy players lose their leagues because they don't understand the difference between a smart risk and a bad one.

By mediocre team you mean one that is tied for most wins in the league, while in the the toughest division in the National League. By crappy teams, two of those teams are .500 or greater, the other right below, so you can't say he hasn't faced at least decent competition. It's not like he's mowed down the Cubs and Padres here. And i'd hardly say a move like this is going to cost you the whole season, it's not like you don't have a couple of spots free to add and drop players. This isn't a move that would cost you much
I Stumped the Schwab
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ender » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:33 am

I Stumped the Schwab wrote:
Ender wrote:
Magnus_CA wrote:

By mediocre team you mean one that is tied for most wins in the league, while in the the toughest division in the National League. By crappy teams, two of those teams are .500 or greater, the other right below, so you can't say he hasn't faced at least decent competition. It's not like he's mowed down the Cubs and Padres here. And i'd hardly say a move like this is going to cost you the whole season, it's not like you don't have a couple of spots free to add and drop players. This isn't a move that would cost you much

No I mean the team which is in first while in a pretty mediocre division and faced teams that aren't likely to finish over .500. Grab him if you want but I am wiling to bet by the all star break his ownership is easily under 50%.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby I Stumped the Schwab » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:50 am

If this is such a "mediocre" division then it shouldn't be too hard for him to do well now should it?

And I don't know what you are thinking, The Reds and Marlins were both widely expected to finish over .500.

Also Detwiler wasn't even originally expected to be in the rotation. They kicked John Lannan and his massive contract down to AAA to make room for him, they clearly saw something in him.
I Stumped the Schwab
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Magnus_CA » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:42 am

I Stumped the Schwab wrote:If this is such a "mediocre" division then it shouldn't be too hard for him to do well now should it?

And I don't know what you are thinking, The Reds and Marlins were both widely expected to finish over .500.

Also Detwiler wasn't even originally expected to be in the rotation. They kicked John Lannan and his massive contract down to AAA to make room for him, they clearly saw something in him.

+1. I just dropped Fister for him. I'll sleep well tonight.
Magnus_CA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Ender » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:59 am

Magnus_CA wrote:
I Stumped the Schwab wrote:If this is such a "mediocre" division then it shouldn't be too hard for him to do well now should it?

+1. I just dropped Fister for him. I'll sleep well tonight.

Well I wouldn't own Fister either so I would sleep better too. I meant mediocre division as in mediocre division to pitch in, sorry I wasn't very clear with that. If he were in say the NL West I'd be a lot higher on him, if he were in the AL east I'd be much lower on him, in the NL east he'll face good teams and somewhat decent though not amazing offenses.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby I Stumped the Schwab » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:54 pm

His next start is in Petco, at minimum he's an excellent stream option.
I Stumped the Schwab
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers