I love when newbs are in my league... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

I love when newbs are in my league...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I love when newbs are in my league...

Postby mrbohjangles » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:54 pm

...when it benefits me :grin:

I was just offered Lincecum, Pedroia, and Stubbs for my Cliff Lee, Jemile Weeks, and Michael Bourn.

I don't even think I need to ask everyone's opinion on this or post my lineup. I'm about to hit accept and run all the way to the bank lol

(Unless this dude has some inside info on Timmy that I don't know about)
mrbohjangles
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I love when newbs are in my league...

Postby RyeWhiskey » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:59 pm

mrbohjangles wrote:...when it benefits me :grin:

I was just offered Lincecum, Pedroia, and Stubbs for my Cliff Lee, Jemile Weeks, and Michael Bourn.

I don't even think I need to ask everyone's opinion on this or post my lineup. I'm about to hit accept and run all the way to the bank lol

(Unless this dude has some inside info on Timmy that I don't know about)

I think that deal is closer than you think, especially given Lincecum's performance this season.
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Canadian » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:08 pm

I agree this isn't as lopsided as you may think.

Linceum has been playing horrible however I did just buy low on him ( Carlos Lee, Vernon Wells and Max Scherzer for Linceum and Prado)

I have a huge dislike for Pedoria, granted he's a good fantasy player but i don't feel like he deserves his yahoo ranking.

Cliff Lee is an ace...

Going to be interesting to see how this one works out.
Canadian
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dangadd » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:11 pm

It depends whether you believe that Timmy has a problem or whether you think he'll get over the early season outings.

From what I read his fastball speed is down a bit which means his other Pitches are less effective - this may have started to happen at the end of last season. Personally I'm off out to try and buy low on Lincecum.
dangadd
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TheGuru » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:26 pm

It's lopsided. Congrats!

viewtopic.php?t=444714
TheGuru
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Element » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:42 pm

Pedroia is a win over Lee. Take those two players out of the picture and look at it. Hit accept.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 685)

Postby Quackman » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:45 pm

Closer than you are thinking. Way closer. Nobody wants the Freak right now. He looks terrible, personally i think something is wrong with him. His arm just isnt as sharp as it was 2yrs ago. Add in the fact that Boston looks terrible. Pedroia owners should def be worried. His rbi could be way down this year. Hitting for same ave as last year would be a miracle.

Thats just looking at his side. From yours Lee, nothing to say. Bourn also is looking good. If his average stays up it could be a big year. Idk,,,personally id really have to think about it. Unless i had Bonif i doubt i am trading Bourn right now. I do like Stubbs (great game today btw) so idk.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby osbtensor » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:31 am

Personally I don't know if I would do this deal or not, probably I would... but I would study long and hard.

Lincecum scares me.. he hasn't looked the same since the [world] series a couple of years ago. Lower velocity? Shouldn't be.. he's young, right?

Considering Boston's start.... Pedroia could be down, but I don't think so with that lineup.. just a matter of time before they start kicking ass. Hopefully.

The other two are a wash.. both will produce expected numbers.

Not a bad trade, but if Lincecum falls flat on his face the rest of this season you lose. Much higher ceiling with accepting the trade, but also a much lower floor.

I would probably accept and take the risk. It is fantasy baseball after all... only for pretend. =)

Take a look at mine? topic.php?t=444724
osbtensor
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions