Take This Ethier Deal? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Take This Ethier Deal? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Take This Ethier Deal? WHIR

Postby sigriffey » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:26 pm

I mean maybe I don't even need to do a deal. It's just that my offense is horrible. Hitting .228 and winning like 2 out of the 9 categories offensively this week. It's pretty bad.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 6425
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Take This Ethier Deal? WHIR

Postby RyeWhiskey » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:10 pm

sigriffey wrote:I mean maybe I don't even need to do a deal. It's just that my offense is horrible. Hitting .228 and winning like 2 out of the 9 categories offensively this week. It's pretty bad.


Dude, your offense is sick. I have a similar problem (MCab, Phillips, Zimmerman, Braun, J Upton, Holliday) where my offense is baller but everyone's injured/slumping. Ride it out, don't make a deal you don't need to make.

What'd you think of my potential offer for you?
Image
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1552
Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Take This Ethier Deal? WHIR

Postby sigriffey » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:25 pm

AngryMonkey wrote:
sigriffey wrote:I mean maybe I don't even need to do a deal. It's just that my offense is horrible. Hitting .228 and winning like 2 out of the 9 categories offensively this week. It's pretty bad.


Dude, your offense is sick. I have a similar problem (MCab, Phillips, Zimmerman, Braun, J Upton, Holliday) where my offense is baller but everyone's injured/slumping. Ride it out, don't make a deal you don't need to make.

What'd you think of my potential offer for you?


My bad, man. Busy morning. Meant to reply sooner.

I like that idea a lot. And I appreciate the suggestion. I will throw it to the owner and see if I can't get something brewing with it. I agree that Beachy has such a high ceiling and I love the idea of having almost a "second tier Big 3" in Beachy, Zimmermann, Romero backing up my big 3 in Halladay, Hamels, Kennedy.

By the way, if I could in some way shop Kennedy and come away with either Cain or Gallardo, would those be upgrades or am I better off with Kennedy?
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 6425
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Take This Ethier Deal? WHIR

Postby RyeWhiskey » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:32 pm

sigriffey wrote:
AngryMonkey wrote:
sigriffey wrote:I mean maybe I don't even need to do a deal. It's just that my offense is horrible. Hitting .228 and winning like 2 out of the 9 categories offensively this week. It's pretty bad.


Dude, your offense is sick. I have a similar problem (MCab, Phillips, Zimmerman, Braun, J Upton, Holliday) where my offense is baller but everyone's injured/slumping. Ride it out, don't make a deal you don't need to make.

What'd you think of my potential offer for you?


My bad, man. Busy morning. Meant to reply sooner.

I like that idea a lot. And I appreciate the suggestion. I will throw it to the owner and see if I can't get something brewing with it. I agree that Beachy has such a high ceiling and I love the idea of having almost a "second tier Big 3" in Beachy, Zimmermann, Romero backing up my big 3 in Halladay, Hamels, Kennedy.

By the way, if I could in some way shop Kennedy and come away with either Cain or Gallardo, would those be upgrades or am I better off with Kennedy?


Cain for sure, by quite a bit. I'm not too hot on Gallardo so I'd probably stick with Kennedy.
Image
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1552
Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 4:27 hours
(and 90 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact