Randy Johnson or Javier Vazquez? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Randy Johnson or Javier Vazquez?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Kelly Gruber » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:34 am

You guys have no faith in Randy. He had his best season at 39, and even last year, through his struggles, he managed to pitch over 1 K/IP. So he's old, his knee has no natural cartilage, and he's old (I think I already said that), but he's Randy Johnson, and Randy Johnson pitching as Randy Johnson could almost single-handedly win you your fantasy pool (especially if he was taken in the 3rd round or later). I have faith that he'll pull another amazing season together...
An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer
Kelly Gruber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:50 am

Kelly Gruber wrote:You guys have no faith in Randy. He had his best season at 39, and even last year, through his struggles, he managed to pitch over 1 K/IP. So he's old, his knee has no natural cartilage, and he's old (I think I already said that), but he's Randy Johnson, and Randy Johnson pitching as Randy Johnson could almost single-handedly win you your fantasy pool (especially if he was taken in the 3rd round or later). I have faith that he'll pull another amazing season together...

I agree, based on his spring performance (I know it's the cardinal rule NOT to do this)...but he himself has said that his knee is not bothering him whatsoever in the spring. He will be fine, I just think he will be pulled a little earlier in games, maybe hurting his numbers a little. But I would take a proven ace with a slight chance of injury, as opposed to an unproven possible ace with no chance of injury. Johnson has been fantastic up until last year, how soon we forget....
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers