cabrera/mcann/romero or bautista/santana/price - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

cabrera/mcann/romero or bautista/santana/price

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

cabrera/mcann/romero or bautista/santana/price

Postby hollywood » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:40 pm

ok, i drafted m cabrera in first round and never thought i would even consider trading him.BUT,- this guy sent me a blockbuster trade and im highly considering doing it.i have m cabrera,b mcann, and r romero, he is offering j bautista,c santana and d price.this is a h2h cbs league.should i do this trade -WOULD U DO THIS TRADE ? please please please take a sec a offer a opinion.i will gladly offer my opinion on any questions u may have . thank u so much !!
hollywood
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: cabrera/mcann/romero or bautista/santana/price

Postby bodsquad » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:11 pm

give us the rest of your roster, but I would think yes. cabrera to bautista not a huge difference. mccan to santana not a huge difference romero to price huge difference.
bodsquad
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 48)

Postby hollywood » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:34 pm

i was asked to post the rest of my lineup to better have the question answered. so here is my full starting lineup. C-mcann,1-teixeira,2-kinsler,3-m cabrera,SS-j reyes,OF-m holliday,n cruz,m bourn,U- boesch. my pichers are r romereo/c lewis/e santana/m harrison/j jimenez,and i use c sale and luebke as relievers. bench is kuroda/nova/j garcia/buehrle/g floyd. i hope this helps make a decision as to if i should do the trade i was offered. again, its a cbs h2h league,should i do this trade- WOULD U ?? i am begging for some comments here!! thank u so much !!
hollywood
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby chinch sacs » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:39 pm

How many teams in the league? Honestly it looks pretty even to me. McCann / Santana is a wash, Joey Bats is a downgrade from M-Cab and Price is an upgrade.

Is the upgrade at SP worth the downgrade at 3rd? Probably, but you drafted the guys you thought were going to produce, dont trade for the sake of trading. If you think the trade off is to your advantage, pull the trigger.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=444623
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Element » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:40 pm

It just seems kind of pointless to accept, IMO. It's a fair offer, but I think that it's more or less a wash at catcher. You're downgrading your 3B spot a little to upgrade over Romero. I dunno. There's still this part of me that doesn't want to trust Bautista 100%. For that I would probably decline, but wouldn't be against it if you accepted.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 968)

Postby dominicfaiola » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:13 pm

Almost seems as though this is just a trade to trade. The only meaningful difference is Romero to Price and I am expecting a great year from Romero so I say no to this deal. Stick with your squad, looks like you've got a solid team.
dominicfaiola
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 36)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions