Moving ellsbury - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Moving ellsbury

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Moving ellsbury

Postby A horror so refined » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:05 pm

I'm currently in last place in 10-person league, and have Carl Crawford and aj Burnett on my DL. We have three keepers per team, and ellsbury was one of my keepers and I currently have him through 2013. Trouble is, I have no outfielders on the bench, and I would need to drop moustakas to make room for one. Also, OF in my league is picked thin. I currently have ibanez and schafer to make up for Ells. My team is built around HR and walks.
I've proposed this trade:
Ellsbury/A. Sanchez
for
Lincecum/A.Jackson
I'm more confident Lincecum will straighten out than seeing ellsbury come back this season, but am worried this could be an over-reaction to being a sox fan and having endured his 'minor' rib injury in 2010. I also might be able to grab Trevor Cahill too in the trade.
A horror so refined
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Moving ellsbury

Postby MaudDib » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:35 am

How long would you get to keep Linc/Jackson for if you made this deal? I don't hate the deal and I am tempted because I don't think Ellsbury will be all that great after coming back. Shoulder problems can kill a players power and I do think Linc will turn things around. Really depends on whether you can keep Linc after this year.

My first thought was for you just to drop Burnett and place Ellsbury on the DL. Burnett is replaceable or you can grab him back off the WW when he shows he is fine.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Moving ellsbury

Postby A horror so refined » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:06 am

I would only get Jackson/Linc for the year, and they'd go back in the draft for next year. But the same would be true for Ells (who I currently keep for $16).
I did just manage to pick up matt joyce on waivers (a total surprise as he is infinitely better than the doggerel left there, i think he was dropped for JD Martinez), so I could just drop AJ and move Ells to the DL.
However, I too think Ells will take a year to recover from the injury and that Lincecum will be aces soon enough. I feel like if I wait on Ells, there's no way I'm going to be able to trade for someone as tops as Linc. however, my pitching isn't terribly in need of a boost, but it could be dominant with Linc. The question I guess is, will Ells contribute more to my team next year than he will take away from it this year? I try to analyze it and it keeps coming up a gamble. Here's my lineup:

Carlos Santana
Carlos Pena
Dan Uggla
Mark Reynolds
Elvis andrus
Mark Texiera
Lance Berkman (K)
Jordan Schafer
Matt Joyce
Torii hunter
Raul Ibanez
David Ortiz