My first roster post...what do you think? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

My first roster post...what do you think?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My first roster post...what do you think?

Postby yodabruin » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:21 pm

Since I'm new here I figured I'd start out by throwing my roster out there. I went big on pitchers to improve my odds of getting as many 2-start pitchers I can each week. I also prioritized getting some help at closer. Unfortunately, my hitting isn't so strong.

MY TEAM (10 person, Head-to-Head, Points Based System)

HITTERS:
J Varitek C
D Ortiz 1B
A Soriano 2B
B Mueller 3B
B Crosby SS
M Alou OF
M Ramirez OF
S Stewart OF
B Fullmer DH
J Reyes U

PITCHERS:
D Lowe SP
E Loaiza SP
J Beckett SP
P Martinez SP
R Clemens SP
B Radke SP
B Sheets SP
J Garland SP
J Jennings SP
K Wells SP
T Wakefield SP

CLOSERS:
A Benitez RP
K Foulke RP

BENCH:
L Walker OF
D Eckstein DH
L Matos U
T Nixon U
V Castilla U

I have two trade offers to consider. Eric Chavez straight up for Josh Beckett, and a multi-player deal including Josh Beckett and Alfonso Soriano for Nomar Garciaparra, Bartolo Colon and Roberto Alomar (I rejected this deal before, but it has a way of popping up).

Thanks for looking! Hope I can help you guys out in the future as well.
"The hardest thing to do in baseball is to hit a round baseball with a round bat, squarely." -- Ted Williams
yodabruin
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jbones733 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:49 am

hey keep your eye on the waiver wire as there is sure to be some sluggers come out of nowhere

Ryan Freel you may want to look at it, fast, power will lead off for cinci & play 3rd to start the season, id pick him up

I like Crosby alot, your solid w Soriano, Manny, Ortiz, a lil tinkering here & there wthe O like i said Freel

pitching is good, got some veterans though that might break down like Pedro & Clemens , id trade Clemens & maybe a bench guy for something, maybe a bat
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby yodabruin » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:14 am

Thanks for the feedback...Erubiel Durazo just became available in my league, I'm considering picking him up. I like the idea with Clemens. I'll shop him around a bit to see what I can get.
"The hardest thing to do in baseball is to hit a round baseball with a round bat, squarely." -- Ted Williams
yodabruin
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:38 am

I think there are alot of people out there who are high on Benitez and Crosby, I however am not one of them.

You may be able to trade them for much more than they are actually worth if you can package them right.

I am only saying that on a hunch with Crosby, and I have never liked Benitez for reasons I cant explain....

Float a few offers out anyway and see what you might be able to get.

Good luck with it.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Jarrod32 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:35 pm

The Chavez trade offer might be all right for you, just because you have a lot of pitching to spare. You might also want to wait a while...someone will have a very poor pitching staff, and will offer a lot for a good starter in a month or so...after they've stewed in their bad outings a few times.

Soriano is going to have a monster year in that lineup in Texas. I don't like the second trade possibility that you mentioned (you said you already rejected it...good call. You were right, in my opinion).

The previous post was also on target on Crosby...a lot of people over-rate high profile rookies. If you can get a solid SS somewhere (I don't remember who you had on your bench), you can get a lot better value from Crosby by trading him to someone who is high on him for a solid player.

My two cents...
There's a madness to my methods...
Jarrod32
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jl0208 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:42 pm

Trade Beckett for Chavez....that's a dream trade for you. Beckett's way overrated, in my opinion... He's riding high on last year's playoff performance. Sell high...can't go wrong with Chavez.
jl0208
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jl0208 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:43 pm

Trade Beckett for Chavez....that's a dream trade for you. Beckett's way overrated, in my opinion... He's riding high on last year's playoff performance. Sell high...can't go wrong with Chavez.
jl0208
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team