Hurry Do I Hit Accept? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Hurry Do I Hit Accept?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hurry Do I Hit Accept?

Postby rasto21585 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:30 pm

I am in a 20 team h2h dynasty league. I just got offered danny duffy for mat gamel. Do I consider this trade?

c jp arencibia
1b miguel cabrera
2b neil walker
ss yunel escobar
3b evan longoria
inf prince fielder
lf carl crawford
cf peter bourjos
rf justin upton
of carlos lee
util vernon wells
bn ryan lavernway
Bn miguel Sano
Bn mat gamel
sp clayton kershaw
sp cliff lee
sp ubaldo jiminez
sp jon lester
rp jason motte
rp matt throton
rp matt reynolds
rp matt capps
p scott downs
p brad peacock
bn aaron harang
bn scott downs
bn garrett richards
bn blake beaven
bn brian matusz
rasto21585
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1602
(Past Year: 190)
Joined: 7 Apr 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hurry Do I Hit Accept?

Postby paisano1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:37 pm

It sucks that you couldn't get duffy earlier for much cheaper but yeah I accept that trade.
paisano1
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 110
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 5 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: S. side Chicago

Re: Hurry Do I Hit Accept?

Postby CMan0928 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:39 pm

rasto21585 wrote:I am in a 20 team h2h dynasty league. I just got offered danny duffy for mat gamel. Do I consider this trade?

c jp arencibia
1b miguel cabrera
2b neil walker
ss yunel escobar
3b evan longoria
inf prince fielder
lf carl crawford
cf peter bourjos
rf justin upton
of carlos lee
util vernon wells
bn ryan lavernway
Bn miguel Sano
Bn mat gamel
sp clayton kershaw
sp cliff lee
sp ubaldo jiminez
sp jon lester
rp jason motte
rp matt throton
rp matt reynolds
rp matt capps
p scott downs
p brad peacock
bn aaron harang
bn scott downs
bn garrett richards
bn blake beaven
bn brian matusz


I have Gamel in my 12 team H2H Keeper League also. And no, personally I wouldn't pull the trigger on that deal. I like Gamel.
CMan0928
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 96
(Past Year: 30)
Joined: 5 Oct 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hurry Do I Hit Accept?

Postby CMan0928 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:41 pm

paisano1 wrote:It sucks that you couldn't get duffy earlier for much cheaper but yeah I accept that trade.


What's the fascination with Danny Duffy? Based on one pretty good start against DET tonight? He projects to be a middle of the rotation guy. Maybe a solid number 3. Gamel could do big things. I'd wait and see how this plays out. You're jumping the gun.
CMan0928
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 96
(Past Year: 30)
Joined: 5 Oct 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hurry Do I Hit Accept?

Postby paisano1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:48 pm

Why? Why you ask? Because I have been following this kid since he's been in diapers ;) Really though he has been one of kcs most prized prospects and hes showing why. Through two games we see this, 2.31 ERA with a 15-to-5 k to walk ratio in 12 2/3 innings.

Not to shabby eh? I could go on and on with his minor league stats, but the bottom line is this, he throws mad strike outs. It seems he may be getting his command under control, if its real he could be very dangerous. One more good outing and you won't be able to pick him up anymore.

Who knows his ownership rating will prob. sky rocket after tonight.
paisano1
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 110
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 5 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: S. side Chicago

Re: Hurry Do I Hit Accept?

Postby CMan0928 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:54 pm

paisano1 wrote:Why? Why you ask? Because I have been following this kid since he's been in diapers ;) Really though he has been one of kcs most prized prospects and hes showing why. Through two games we see this, 2.31 ERA with a 15-to-5 k to walk ratio in 12 2/3 innings.

Not to shabby eh? I could go on and on with his minor league stats, but the bottom line is this, he throws mad strike outs. It seems he may be getting his command under control, if its real he could be very dangerous. One more good outing and you won't be able to pick him up anymore.

Who knows his ownership rating will prob. sky rocket after tonight.


Prized possession? Not sure about that. I do remember hearing about him when he was in the minors and that they thought he would be solid. But he wasn't expected to be ushered to the front of KC's rotation upon his arrival in MLB either. I have seen him pitch a couple times, and both times I was just "eh" on him. He could be good, and if you have the kind of faith in him you appear to have, then I say go for it. We all have players that we like for whatever reason regardless of what others may say or think. I just feel that Gamel may be a tad bit too much to give up at this very moment. Plus, all the things you said about Duffy regarding his minor league career can be said, and then some, of Gamel. For awhile he WAS the top prospect in Milwaukee's system.
CMan0928
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 96
(Past Year: 30)
Joined: 5 Oct 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hurry Do I Hit Accept?

Postby paisano1 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:14 am

Ok so Mike Montgomery was there #1 pitching prospect and true prized possession, but Duffy has out performed him on all fronts. I think that says something. We shall see how he pitches Sunday and maybe we can come to some kind of conclusion. Still know the ks will always be there.
paisano1
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 110
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 5 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: S. side Chicago

Re: Hurry Do I Hit Accept?

Postby CMan0928 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:22 am

paisano1 wrote:Ok so Mike Montgomery was there #1 pitching prospect and true prized possession, but Duffy has out performed him on all fronts. I think that says something. We shall see how he pitches Sunday and maybe we can come to some kind of conclusion. Still know the ks will always be there.


I agree. I always say that I don't care where guys went to college, what your stats were there, or what round you were drafted in. It's all subjective. Some highly-touted guys never become much more than Minor League HOF's (Matt LaPorta). And some guys just start to "get it" later than others.
CMan0928
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 96
(Past Year: 30)
Joined: 5 Oct 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Aug. 23
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
Tampa Bay at Toronto
(1:07 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(1:10 pm)
Seattle at Boston
(1:35 pm)
Baltimore at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
San Francisco at Washington
(4:05 pm)
Houston at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Pittsburgh at Milwaukee
(7:10 pm)
Atlanta at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
Miami at Colorado
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Texas
(8:25 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(9:05 pm)
NY Mets at LA Dodgers
(9:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact