Trout Watch - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trout Watch

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trout Watch

Postby Metropolitans » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:19 pm

BigZ38 wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:Is it really necessary to bump this thread and post his stat line every time he has a good game (which is pretty much every day)? We get it. The guy is a beast of epic proportions. We all look at the box scores, we all see what he's done, I just don't see the point. Bump it for a phenomenal game, sure. Or for an injury. Or if he starts slumping. But these random "3-5, 3 runs, RBI, SB, I have a huge erection for MIke Trout!!!" posts get really really old. End rant.

^Doesn't own Mike Trout.

Hahaha I thought the exact same thing, sour grapes for "that guy"
14Team-Keeper
C Gattis
1B Votto
2B NFranklin
3B Frazier
SS Zobrist
OF Trout
OF Elsbury
OF Puig
Ut Crawford,Morales
BN LMartin,RMartin,Profar
SP Stras
SP Scherzer
RP Veras
RP Parnel
P Kimbrel
P Fernandez
P Archer
BN Turner,Nolasco,Gee,Pineda
DL Wandy
Metropolitans
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:05 pm

Metropolitans wrote:
BigZ38 wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:Is it really necessary to bump this thread and post his stat line every time he has a good game (which is pretty much every day)? We get it. The guy is a beast of epic proportions. We all look at the box scores, we all see what he's done, I just don't see the point. Bump it for a phenomenal game, sure. Or for an injury. Or if he starts slumping. But these random "3-5, 3 runs, RBI, SB, I have a huge erection for MIke Trout!!!" posts get really really old. End rant.

^Doesn't own Mike Trout.

Hahaha I thought the exact same thing, sour grapes for "that guy"

Just checking out the team in your sig Metropolitans...I know he's good, but did ya really need to put Stras in there twice? :-b

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thatguy27 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:09 am

Has nothing to do with me not owning Trout--no sour grapes, I love what he's doing. I open the thread hoping/expecting to find posts that are actually interesting/informative, not to see something that I've already seen in a boxscore. Suggesting I not open the thread is ridiculous--how am I supposed to know that the thread is going to be filled with worthless crap unless I open it? Hmm? That's what I thought.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:46 am

thatguy27 wrote:Has nothing to do with me not owning Trout--no sour grapes, I love what he's doing. I open the thread hoping/expecting to find posts that are actually interesting/informative, not to see something that I've already seen in a boxscore. Suggesting I not open the thread is ridiculous--how am I supposed to know that the thread is going to be filled with worthless crap unless I open it? Hmm? That's what I thought.

If you've opened it enough to complain about it then you should probably know better than to continue opening it.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby bayside » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:47 am

thatguy27 wrote:Has nothing to do with me not owning Trout--no sour grapes, I love what he's doing. I open the thread hoping/expecting to find posts that are actually interesting/informative, not to see something that I've already seen in a boxscore. Suggesting I not open the thread is ridiculous--how am I supposed to know that the thread is going to be filled with worthless crap unless I open it? Hmm? That's what I thought.

thatguy27 wrote:Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:11 pm
I don't own him and am so jealous of everyone who does. I still love looking at the Angels boxscore every night and seeing Trout's statline. As a fan of the baseball, I love it. As a non fantasy owner, I am green with envy. I can't imagine any keeper league right now in which Trout's owner is even entertaining potential trade offers. The guy in my league said he was untouchable a month and a half ago.
I don't own him and am so jealous of everyone who does. I still love looking at the Angels boxscore every night and seeing Trout's statline. As a fan of the baseball, I love it. As a non fantasy owner, I am green with envy. I can't imagine any keeper league right now in which Trout's owner is even entertaining potential trade offers. The guy in my league said he was untouchable a month and a half ago.

uhhhhhuh
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thatguy27 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:47 pm

bayside wrote:

uhhhhhuh

EXactly. Note the part where I say I love looking at his statline every night. I love what Trout's doing, and i made that pretty clear. Do I wish I owned him? Um, duh. But I don't let my fantasy wishes get in the way of my love for the game, and Trout and what he's done is great for the game. I just don't see the point of posting his statline every time he has a good game. These are numbers that we've all already looked at. What's the point?

Your little cut and paste job proved absolutely nothing. Nice try though.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:49 pm

thatguy27 wrote:
bayside wrote:

uhhhhhuh

EXactly. Note the part where I say I love looking at his statline every night. I love what Trout's doing, and i made that pretty clear. Do I wish I owned him? Um, duh. But I don't let my fantasy wishes get in the way of my love for the game, and Trout and what he's done is great for the game. I just don't see the point of posting his statline every time he has a good game. These are numbers that we've all already looked at. What's the point?

Whether or not those stats add anything to the thread, this whining certainly doesn't.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thatguy27 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:55 pm

The post was written with the the hope that those pointless posts might stop, or at least become less frequent. If it made even one poster decide not to post his stat lines anymore, than I'd say it was constructive. If not, oh well. It's just another piece of garbage in what could be a great thread.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby silverZ » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:31 pm

thatguy27 wrote:The post was written with the the hope that those pointless posts might stop, or at least become less frequent.

You're kind of shooting yourself in the foot here. Just don't open the thread if you don't want to see people gushing about Trout's big days. :-P
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby thatguy27 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:52 pm

silverZ wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:The post was written with the the hope that those pointless posts might stop, or at least become less frequent.

You're kind of shooting yourself in the foot here. Just don't open the thread if you don't want to see people gushing about Trout's big days. :-P

They're almost all big days. That's my point. We get it now. The guy is a beast.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers