Chris Davis - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chris Davis

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chris Davis

Postby paisano1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:53 pm

I'm watching the sox orioles game and I couldnt help but notice Chris Davis is hitting .370 with only 5 ks in 27 abs. We always knew he had the power but struck out all the time. Once in every 3 bats about if I recall correctly.

Dude is 6' 3" 240 pds and has eligibility at 1st and 3rd. Is he about to turn the corner? I had this guy as a super sleeper before the draft and is still available in most leagues. What do you guys think?
paisano1
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Chris Davis

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:09 pm

paisano1 wrote:I'm watching the sox orioles game and I couldnt help but notice Chris Davis is hitting .370 with only 5 ks in 27 abs. We always knew he had the power but struck out all the time. Once in every 3 bats about if I recall correctly.

Dude is 6' 3" 240 pds and has eligibility at 1st and 3rd. Is he about to turn the corner? I had this guy as a super sleeper before the draft and is still available in most leagues. What do you guys think?

Yeah he's a career 30% K guy, currently 18% over a few games, and his BABIP is currently .400. Davis is a guy who I'm just so soured on that he'll have to be available and still rolling in the middle of May for me to potentially waste a roster spot on him.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby Izenhart » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:09 pm

paisano1 wrote:I'm watching the sox orioles game and I couldnt help but notice Chris Davis is hitting .370 with only 5 ks in 27 abs. We always knew he had the power but struck out all the time. Once in every 3 bats about if I recall correctly.

I've quietly added him in a few leagues I'm weak at 3B. So far not too bad, he's hitting his way into the lineup more. I want to see some power before the K's come raining down.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 286)

Postby BigLaBellski » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:12 pm

1BB in 26AB's. Just simply does not have the discipline to be anything more than a marginal 1B with occasional power. Even if he hits 20 bombs, he is only worthy of a reserve roster spot in the deepest leagues.
High and Tight Y'all!
BigLaBellski
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Izenhart » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:29 pm

BigLaBellski wrote:1BB in 26AB's. Just simply does not have the discipline to be anything more than a marginal 1B with occasional power. Even if he hits 20 bombs, he is only worthy of a reserve roster spot in the deepest leagues.

small sample size, people are throwing strikes to the guy, cant walk if theres no walks to take. The point here is he is making contact for now and is hot. If the power comes he may be worth riding
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 286)

Postby BigLaBellski » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:56 pm

11BB last year total. Only 71BB in 1031 major league AB's. Even when he was raking in the minors in 2010, he managed only 37BB in 398AB, and I'm guessing a good percentage were intentional BB's.

He's not likely to suddenly develop patience.
High and Tight Y'all!
BigLaBellski
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:26 pm

His playing time is not super consistent.

I've actually dropped him in several leagues that I drafted him in.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby garf112 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:31 pm

Nice bench guy if you have the spot. I'll play him on other's off days and wait and see if he is finally for real now.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby paisano1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:06 pm

623 104 188 28 118 (bb)38 (ko)96 0.3018 0.3495 0.5329

Guess who??? Thats Robinson Cano. Not a great comparison by any means but the bottom line is you don't need to walk at all if you can hit. Obviously Cano does not strike out at all, davis with full time at bats would prob. stike out 150 times but if he can keep up with power he could be a waiver wire steal.
paisano1
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby machine3 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Couldn't ignore his decent start, so I picked him up yesterday and started him in my UTIL spot. 3-5 so far ;-D . I've had him and dropped him so many times over the last couple years, but couldn't help myself.
machine3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers