Add Trout (speculatively) or another SP? (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Add Trout (speculatively) or another SP? (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Add Trout (speculatively) or another SP? (WHIR)

Postby aerrico » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:52 am

I think I'd go with Bud Norris here. It's been said a few times in the thread, but I think he's going to provide the most value overall.. surprised that such a high K pitcher is still available on the waiver wire. I'd grab him over Minor.

Please help:
viewtopic.php?t=443693
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SecretAgentMan » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:55 am

aerrico wrote:I think I'd go with Bud Norris here. It's been said a few times in the thread, but I think he's going to provide the most value overall.. surprised that such a high K pitcher is still available on the waiver wire. I'd grab him over Minor.

Please help:
viewtopic.php?t=443693

His dubious ratios historically have something to do with that. As does the fact that Houston will not get him a lot of wins in all liklihood.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Postby aerrico » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:16 am

Yeah I definitely understand that he isn't a true ace.... but to not be owned surprises me a bit
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby mixmastamikal » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:39 am

Yeah i would say its still too early to add Trout, but man seeing him play live on Friday it seems crazy that he isn't in the Angels Lineup especially with how the outfield is struggling. Not only did he hit a 2 RBI standing triple (dude is fast as hell) but made an epic catch in center field. Trout is a very talented layer who deserves to be in the bigs. How he will do when when he gets there? Maybe struggle but will be interesting to see and i would sure be willing to take a small gamble on it.
Streamers

**Coming Soon**
mixmastamikal
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 13)

Postby GAC8666 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:07 am

mixmastamikal wrote:Yeah i would say its still too early to add Trout, but man seeing him play live on Friday it seems crazy that he isn't in the Angels Lineup especially with how the outfield is struggling. Not only did he hit a 2 RBI standing triple (dude is fast as hell) but made an epic catch in center field. Trout is a very talented layer who deserves to be in the bigs. How he will do when when he gets there? Maybe struggle but will be interesting to see and i would sure be willing to take a small gamble on it.

I agree. WHo knows how long it will take for him to move up. Then how long till he gets hot? How often will he play in that line up? Take Minor.

Help please. viewtopic.php?f=26&t=444250
GAC8666
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions