Which of these minor leaguers in a long-term keeper league? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Which of these minor leaguers in a long-term keeper league?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which of these minor leaguers in a long-term keeper league?

Postby NittanyLions1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:25 am

12 Team H2H POINTS league. We keep 10 plus all four of our minor leaguers. I have one more spot on my minor league roster. Which one would you want given my team makeup and their long-term potential? I bolded my probable keepers for next year. THANKS AND WHIR

Which of these guys?
Dylan Bundy
Gerrit Cole
Taijuan Walker
Jameson Taillon
Christian Yelich
Gary Brown

HERE IS MY TEAM
C - J Montero
1B - M Cabrera
2B - Kinsler
SS - H Ramirez
3B - Lawrie
OF - Kemp
OF - Jennings
OF - Werth
OF - D Young
DH - A Gonzalez
U - Smoak
U - Espinosa

SP: Kershaw, Lee, Gallardo, Cueto, Minor
RP: Axford, Balfour, Street, HSantiago

BENCH: M Russell, Furcal, Pagan, Fowler

MINORS: JProfar, WMyers, ARendon, ???????? (WHO ELSE FOR A MINOR LEAGUE KEEPER????)
NittanyLions1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which of these minor leaguers in a long-term keeper leag

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:59 am

Bundy
Walker over Myers
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby silverZ » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:23 am

HOOTIE wrote:Bundy
Walker over Myers

I agree, Bundy is the easy choice.. It's close between Myers and Walker for the other spot. I could see an argument for either one. Cole is also an option. It's a toss up between those 3...
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby NittanyLions1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:09 am

Thanks guys. Waivers ran...wish I had posted earlier for more opinion but...Anyway I had Bundy as my top option. He got picked up before me though so I picked up Walker. No one picked up Cole yet so the option is there to drop Myers for Cole? I could also consider Cole over Rendon I suppose since Rendon seems not to be able to even routinely run the bases without hurting his legs!?
NittanyLions1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MaudDib » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:27 am

Kind of radical but I would probably drop Martin and move Myers to my bench and then pick up Cole. Myers could very well be in the majors this year so I wouldn't want to drop him in this kind of league but I would want Cole as a keeper long-term. If you don't like that then I would probably stand pat.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby NittanyLions1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:46 pm

MaudDib wrote:Kind of radical but I would probably drop Martin and move Myers to my bench and then pick up Cole. Myers could very well be in the majors this year so I wouldn't want to drop him in this kind of league but I would want Cole as a keeper long-term. If you don't like that then I would probably stand pat.

Hmmm....interesting! Didn't even think of that option. A few things I need to consider before making this move:
1) We are a daily lineups league so for instance today I can start Martin because Montero isn't playing
2) I have faith in Montero but he still is very young so that is why I backed him up with Martin...of course I could probably find a waiver catcher if it came down to it...but then I would lose out on a bench player for use on off days
3) We can keep our minors players in the minor leagues for as long as we would like so it would be nice to carry Myers over as a minor league keeper until next year even if he is brought up (NOTE: its why I have Montero and Jennings this year)
4) What I could do though is drop Martin or maybe Pagan, move Myers or whoever to a bench spot, then pickup Cole as suggested. Then watch them all for this year and drop whichever one of them doesn't pan out at the end of the year! Hmmmm...I am kinda liking this option! Only thing is if I can afford to lose some of those off day points...
NittanyLions1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KanyeBest » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:28 pm

If you can keep them long term without using up an MLB spot, Walker is your guy since Bundy is gone. His combination of youth, upside, and results is pretty scary, and when he comes up he'll be pitching in Safeco.
KanyeBest
College Coach
College Coach

Postby poolagoo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:51 pm

I am having a hard time seeing the Rendon love. I would keep Walker first , the difference between he and Bundy being their divisions. I would prefer Bundy over Rendon.
poolagoo
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions