How do you turn stats into ratings? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

How do you turn stats into ratings?

Re: How do you turn stats into ratings?

Postby st3v3k4hn » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:27 pm

This is very cool, and pretty much exactly what i was looking for. Ive seen info on marcel and tom tango before but ive never seen those formulae; could you provide a pointer to more info on that?

Also, did tom do pitcher formulae or are those yours? Thanks!
st3v3k4hn
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hot4tx » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:29 am

Not sure if Tom Tango did any pitcher equations. Those first two pitcher are equations I got from J35J, a cafe poster. The second two are my equations I used by altering J35J's to fit my HTH league targets. You could PM J35J here and see where he got those ;-D

This is the first year I've played with using a ranking equation, since I'm doing auction leagues for the first time. I've thought about doing it, since I'm a math dork, but never took the time to implement anything. My conclusion was that these could create positional rankings pretty well and then I had to come up with a way to adjust for positional scarcity based on incremental value above/below an average fantasy starter value for each position based on league structures (how many players of those positions I expect should be starting on fantasy teams).
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Postby silax1 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:21 pm

I like to use FantasyPlayerRater<dot>com. You just type in your stats and it spits out how many points a player is worth in the standings.
silax1
T-Ball Trainer

Previous

Return to Beginner's Forum