Get on the Marlins A. Nunez bandwagon.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Get on the Marlins A. Nunez bandwagon....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Get on the Marlins A. Nunez bandwagon....

Postby cincyreds » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:16 pm

Abraham Nuñez - Outfielder - Marlins Apr. 1 - 6:33 pm et

Abraham Nunez had another big game today, going 4-for-5 and hitting his ninth homer of the spring.
He had reached base in 11 straight trips before flying out in the ninth inning of the game. Nunez is batting .407 and slugging .981 this spring, but he still doesn't appear likely to get much playing time at the start of the year. Hee Seop Choi has had a solid spring, so moving Jeff Conine to first base to make room for Nunez isn't currently an option. Neither is sitting Conine, even though the veteran is batting .220 and slugging .320.

from rotoworld.

If I were a GM or manger I would find a spot for this guy to play. He has busted his butt this spring and deserves a starting job.

I would trade or release Conine so that this kid could play.

He is not listed on the waiver wire in my Yahoo league but as soon as he becomes avl I am going to get him.

Who is with me? Show your hands!!

;-D [/i]
The BIG RED Machine will rise again.
cincyreds
Member #1000
Member #1000

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Hyde » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:25 pm

Settle down big boy, it's still only spring training. He is having a nice spring and should see some extra ab's in April because of it, but he still has to show he can do it when the games actually count.
When you are born you are given a ticket to the freak show, I say enjoy the show. - George Carlin
Hyde
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby EugeneStyles » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:29 pm

I've liked Nunez for a while, but yeah, it doesn't look like he'll play much. I doubt they could trade Conine (who would want him), and they're not likely to bench him either. Barring injuries, unless Choi goes into a bad slump, there's no room in the lineup for Nunez.
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Return to Baseball Leftovers