Mark Trumbo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Mark Trumbo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mark Trumbo

Postby aerrico » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:05 pm

Hey all,

I wanted to see what the consensus was on Mark Trumbo now that it seems he may not get as many ABs as I originally thought...
Am I jumping to conclusions too early on what his total number of ABs will be because he was benched a few times early? I'm unsure if Morales gets shut down for rest later on and Trumbo plays a lot late in the season as they rest Morales (possibly) for the playoffs. What does everyone else think of Trumbo early on in the season?
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mark Trumbo

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:26 pm

I probably wouldn't bail on him just yet. If he wasn't a liability at 3B, he'd probably get more playing time, but he is obviously a legit HR/RBI guy for any game he starts. If you have a decent sized bench, you can sub him out on those days when he doesn't play and get good value from him in that way. If Pujols, Morales, Callaspo, Maicer gets hurt, they'd have to rely on him even more than they are currently. Remember he also can play the OF, so there's a lot of ways he can crack the lineup. He'll also be gaining 3B eligibility soon, so he'll be a very versatile fantasy play.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby aerrico » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:33 pm

Yeah I wasn't quite ready to bail, I was just wondering how much value people felt he has lost by the early season management. I definitely feel you on the many positions he can play, so he should get in there a decent amount. Is it ambitious to expect 400-450ABs from him this season?

I still think that at some point Morales is going to get days off coming off the injury, considering the depth they have at almost all positions. Trumbo is actually one of my last utility guys on my team in a deep league (my offense is stacked) so I am not too worried about stashing him even if he doesn't contribute as much as expected.

I was just trying to see what people thought a realistic expectation on number of ABs will be for the season. Im hoping for 375+
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:00 pm

I could easily see him being an everyday player at some point this year, which could get him close to 500 ABs. If everybody stays healthy, which is a lot to ask, it might be down around 350.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates