Roto League Questions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

Roto League Questions

Roto League Questions

Postby supernino7 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:19 pm

This is my first time playing fantasy baseball. I am in a 12 team rotisserie league and have some questions. I'm not sure if all leagues are the same, but these are the positions my league requires: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 2B/SS, 1B/3B, OF (4), UTIL (2), Pitcher (10). I also have 5 bench positions and 3 DL positions.

I have 7 starting pitchers and 7 relievers which puts 4 pitchers on the bench and only 1 batter. Is this too many pitchers? Should I try to trade one or two of my starters for batters? Keep in mind I have Erik Bedard who is prone to injuries so I may need an extra starter.

I also keep a batter that I like to call my shit can player. This is a guy who doesn't normally play every day, but I use to pad my stats. For example, I had Robert Andino for a couple games. He got me a few stats, but when the Orioles had a day off I shit canned him and picked up Vernon Wells who was playing. Then I will shit can Vernon Wells for someone else in the future. There are 4 or 5 guys I keep on my watch list and do this with. I also keep relief pitcher position I do this with. Is this ok or should I just pick someone up and stick with them?

I did quite a bit of research before my draft and I think I have a pretty good team, but I am currently in 9th place. Being the season is so long would it hurt to wait another week or two before looking to drop some of my players who aren't performing the way I thought they would? I just don't want to get too far behind.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
supernino7
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Roto League Questions

Postby fast dogs » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:36 pm

looks like you are doing fine, alot of really good fantasy teams have started slow. Keep rotating off days and don't make any drastic drops for awhile
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 304)

Postby supernino7 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:01 pm

Thanks! I really wasn't sure about the rotating because no one else in my league is doing it. Maybe they have a player they are happy keeping or are just dealing with the off days.
supernino7
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:32 pm

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with sliding guys in and out. I'd recommend keeping an eye on the games limit though - you don't want to waste player games on mediocre match-ups. You're also fine keeping mostly pitchers on the bench. When it comes to streaming guys on and off my roster I tend to do that mostly with pitchers, but it's still a good idea. Don't let the fact that your league-mates aren't doing it slow you down either.
Fenris-77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 51)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Beginner's Forum