Who is going to keep this up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is going to keep this up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Who is going to keep this up?

Postby Quackman » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:43 pm

CyboNinja wrote:Awesome Jackson is awesome mmk. Get on the bandwagon or get ran over by it. I doubt we'll ever see 20+ HRs from him but I like his odds to crack .300 this year. Give me 10 HRs, 25 SBs (should be 50 but Leyland is an old man who don't like to run), 65 RBIs, and 110 Rs to boot and you got a top 75 player. He has already shown his new approach at the plate is a success and his confidence is sky high.

Any of the doubters out there care to make an o/u wager on his avg for 2012? How about hits? Give me the over on both and I'll take any action you sucka fools wanna send my way!

AVG- o/u .285
Hits- o/u 180

Put your $$$ where your mouth (err fingers) is all you Jackson haters! Papa needs a bigger bankroll for Football season!

Ya they dont take much risk with sb's. Circumstances have to be perfect. Old man syndrom you might be right. Also if the bottom of the lineup keeps hitting we could be surprised with the RBI numbers. Hope someone bets you..pretty fair o/u.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Quackman wrote:
CyboNinja wrote:Awesome Jackson is awesome mmk. Get on the bandwagon or get ran over by it. I doubt we'll ever see 20+ HRs from him but I like his odds to crack .300 this year. Give me 10 HRs, 25 SBs (should be 50 but Leyland is an old man who don't like to run), 65 RBIs, and 110 Rs to boot and you got a top 75 player. He has already shown his new approach at the plate is a success and his confidence is sky high.

Any of the doubters out there care to make an o/u wager on his avg for 2012? How about hits? Give me the over on both and I'll take any action you sucka fools wanna send my way!

AVG- o/u .285
Hits- o/u 180

Put your $$$ where your mouth (err fingers) is all you Jackson haters! Papa needs a bigger bankroll for Football season!

Ya they dont take much risk with sb's. Circumstances have to be perfect. Old man syndrom you might be right. Also if the bottom of the lineup keeps hitting we could be surprised with the RBI numbers. Hope someone bets you..pretty fair o/u.

It would take an extraordinary amount of luck for him to bat .285 as it did the last time. The truth is he's a ton closer to the .249 hitter he was last year than a .285 hitter. 180 Hits could be attained if he leads off all year and still hits poorly.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby Quackman » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:08 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Quackman wrote:

AVG- o/u .285
Hits- o/u 180

It would take an extraordinary amount of luck for him to bat .285 as it did the last time. The truth is he's a ton closer to the .249 hitter he was last year than a .285 hitter. 180 Hits could be attained if he leads off all year and still hits poorly.

Wrong! :-t
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:11 pm

Quackman wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Quackman wrote:

Please feel free to defend your position, as my belief has already been done its due diligence. You can either choose to ignore it or by all means convince otherwise. There's a mountain of data suggesting contrary to what you think, though.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Quackman » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:38 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Quackman wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:It would take an extraordinary amount of luck for him to bat .285 as it did the last time. The truth is he's a ton closer to the .249 hitter he was last year than a .285 hitter. 180 Hits could be attained if he leads off all year and still hits poorly.

Please feel free to defend your position, as my belief has already been done its due diligence. You can either choose to ignore it or by all means convince otherwise. There's a mountain of data suggesting contrary to what you think, though.

Mountain of data? Maybe you should read some of the other posts. Ive already defended what i said. All you are doing is vomiting last years stats, like nothings changed. Obv there are things you dont know.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby silverZ » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Joe Morgan, is that you?
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Quackman wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Quackman wrote:

Mountain of data? Maybe you should read some of the other posts. Ive already defended what i said. All you are doing is vomiting last years stats, like nothings changed. Obv there are things you dont know.
Are you familiar with BABIP?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CyboNinja » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Curtis Pride wrote: And an over/under of 180 hits for the leadoff hitter of the Tigers isn't really that high.

A typical leadoff hitter in the AL averages 680 AB. The tigers leadoff guy will exceed 700 AB.

If Jackson is healthy and gets 700 AB, 180 hits will give him a sub .260 BA.
Then bet under on his avg. .260 is a lot lower then the .285 I offered. If you really feel he bats .260, this bet should be a no-brainer for you. Don't be afraid, its only $$$.
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 96)

Postby CyboNinja » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:19 pm

CyboNinja wrote:
Curtis Pride wrote: And an over/under of 180 hits for the leadoff hitter of the Tigers isn't really that high.

A typical leadoff hitter in the AL averages 680 AB. The tigers leadoff guy will exceed 700 AB.

Then bet under on his avg. .260 is a lot lower then the .285 I offered. If you really feel he bats .260, this bet should be a no-brainer for you. Don't be afraid, its only $$$.

Also when did getting 200 hits become normal for players? And how the hell does he hit more then 180 hits and bat .250? Lets have a look at last season...

153 G
591 AB
668 PA
147 Hits
.249 Avg

I just don't see how some of your numbers add up. His GP will be about the same (Old man loves to rest guys for no real reason, even AJ) as well as his AB and PA. How he is all the sudden gonna get 700 AB out of thin air is beyond me. The Tigers got Prince Fielder, that was it. The rest of the lineup is pretty much the same as 2011 aside from losing V Mart.
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 96)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:26 pm

CyboNinja wrote:
CyboNinja wrote:

Also when did getting 200 hits become normal for players? And how the hell does he hit more then 180 hits and bat .250? Lets have a look at last season...

153 G
591 AB
668 PA
147 Hits
.249 Avg

I just don't see how some of your numbers add up. His GP will be about the same (Old man loves to rest guys for no real reason, even AJ) as well as his AB and PA. How he is all the sudden gonna get 700 AB out of thin air is beyond me. The Tigers got Prince Fielder, that was it. The rest of the lineup is pretty much the same as 2011 aside from losing V Mart.
I think he meant PA and not AB.

If he continues to K 25+% of the time and BB 8% of the time, that's only going to leave him about 483 AB where he isn't striking out to belt his 180 Hits, which he would need in order to bat .285. It seems like a real long shot to me. He would need to have his BABIP push .400 again which is just entirely unlikely.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers