Need Advice on Trade ASAP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Need Advice on Trade ASAP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need Advice on Trade ASAP

Postby reyrey1332 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:35 am

I currently am loaded at OF with Justin Upton, Giancarlo Stanton, Adam Jones, Lucas Duda, and Jay Bruce. I am weak at SP as Daniel Hudson, Tommy Hanson, Jaime Garcia, Jeremy Hellickson, and Doug Fister anchor it. I have been offered Justin Verlander for Justin Upton and Jeremy Hellickson. I normally don't like to trade for SP, but this is very tempting. Should I pull the trigger and unload Upton for Verlander???

jho
reyrey1332
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need Advice on Trade ASAP

Postby argh33 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:55 am

I want to say yes do the trade... You can't go wrong with verlander... Except you are losing your best OF and a potential High ceiling starter with hellickson. If it was just upton for verlander, then yes. but I really think you should hold on to hellickson... Try to counter with a different pitcher and maybe Stanton instead of upton. Miami isn't really looking to play out as a hitters park.
argh33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GAC8666 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:03 am

I think you are just giving up to much. I would do Verlander straight up for Upton.. maybe a lower tiered SP. Hellickson was great in his first start and I think you need to see how he plays out before you trade him.
GAC8666
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thatguysound » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:52 am

Personally I'm not trading Upton unless I'm making the other manager overpay, but I'm probably even more bullish on him than most. That said, offer up either Upton alone, or Hellickson and either Stanton or Bruce for Verlander and a lesser stick.
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)

Postby converge241 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:05 am

I cant see also adding back Hellickson to do this. I would keep working this team or other teams. Even just Upton for Verlander, id rather have Upton but its doable. adding in a solid SP like that is no es bueno

viewtopic.php?t=443914
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:08 am

Upton for Verlander straight up or no thanks.

Help me in return? viewtopic.php?t=443918
FantasySportsMaven
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MaudDib » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:24 am

Have to ask if this is a keeper league because Upton is about as good a player one can have in a keeper. Assuming it isn't, I still don't do the trade but I might do Verlander straight up for Upton. If it is a keeper, I don't do any trades.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby reyrey1332 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:25 am

I also just picked up David Freese who is on fire and I can start him at utility. So I'd have Stanton, Bruce, and either Adam Jones or Duda as my other OF. The way I see it is Freese makes up a lot of the lost production from Upton. But Verlander is so much better than Hellickson in my mind...I'm having a hard time with this. The Tigers are on fire and they hands down have the best offense in baseball...you give Verlander 6-8 runs a game and hell he could win 25 games. Ugh, I am so torn...
reyrey1332
T-Ball Trainer

Postby reyrey1332 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:26 am

No, it is not a keeper league
reyrey1332
T-Ball Trainer

Postby GAC8666 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:28 am

reyrey1332 wrote:I also just picked up David Freese who is on fire and I can start him at utility. So I'd have Stanton, Bruce, and either Adam Jones or Duda as my other OF. The way I see it is Freese makes up a lot of the lost production from Upton. But Verlander is so much better than Hellickson in my mind...I'm having a hard time with this. The Tigers are on fire and they hands down have the best offense in baseball...you give Verlander 6-8 runs a game and hell he could win 25 games. Ugh, I am so torn...

Upton is as close to a sure thing as you can get, and yes Freese is on fire but who knows how long that will last. I agree Verlander is way better that Hellickson, but when you add in losing Upton its close.

Would you rather have Reese/Verlander or Upton/Hellickson? In my mind its to close to call and when its that close I often look at who gets the best player and IMO you would lose out on Upton.
GAC8666
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions