CBS Add/Drop Policy Not Working - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

CBS Add/Drop Policy Not Working

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CBS Add/Drop Policy Not Working

Postby Sactowner » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:01 am

First year with CBS and we have Add/Drop policy set for "allow owners to do add/drops" and we've set the limit at 3 add/drops per period. Our first period started this Monday and according to CBS the 3 add/drop transactions should be available at 9:00 am Eastern on Tuesday. Well Tuesday has come and every team in the league has "0 add/drop transactions remaining this period". Trying to get answer from CBS Help, but they make me want to jam forks in my eyes.

Has anyone come across a problem similar to this? Any ideas what may be causing our transactions to be locked out?

Thanks...
Sactowner
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CBS Add/Drop Policy Not Working

Postby fast dogs » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:20 am

we've used this the past couple years but it isn't working right now for us either. I sent in a help question, I'll get back with you later today with their reply
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 261)

Postby Sactowner » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:42 am

CBS help has forwarded this issue onto their programming department to look at. I'll repost when they figure out what the issue is.
Sactowner
T-Ball Trainer

Postby bigmck » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:02 am

In another league I ran on CBS, we allowed Owners to do their own add/drops each week, but I did not set the number. Don't hold up your league. Remove the weekly number and keep track of them yourself. When CBS gets it corrected then set the number again. == My league allowed two each week and each morning I would just mark who had a move on a spreadsheet. It is not hard at ll to keep track of them.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 62)

Postby Pochucker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:58 pm

We had similiar problems except some owners could some couldnt. It seems CBS was no longer compatible withExp7. Some guys switched to Chrome others updated to Expl 8 and all is fine now.
Pochucker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby bigmck » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Pochucker wrote:We had similiar problems except some owners could some couldnt. It seems CBS was no longer compatible withExp7. Some guys switched to Chrome others updated to Expl 8 and all is fine now.

I was using Internet Explorer 8 but this year it would not work. I wrote CBS and they said IE was no longer compatible and to try Firefox 11 or Chrome. I tried them both and preferred Firefox.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JohnnyRebJays » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:53 pm

That's CBS' usual reply to any problem - blame it on your browser.
In my league I run we use FAAB for free agency adds - today it's not working for anyone.
But it's a weekend so CBS won't get around to replying probably until sometime Monday.
I've got the latest firefox and they usually still blame my browser even though it's working on my other CBS leagues
very frustrating and terrible service this year
JohnnyRebJays
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigmck » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:23 pm

JohnnyRebJays wrote:That's CBS' usual reply to any problem - blame it on your browser.
In my league I run we use FAAB for free agency adds - today it's not working for anyone.
But it's a weekend so CBS won't get around to replying probably until sometime Monday.
I've got the latest firefox and they usually still blame my browser even though it's working on my other CBS leagues
very frustrating and terrible service this year

We also use FAAB on all pickups. If you are referring the the FAAB of 1 AM June 2, I picked up a player then so it was fine.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JohnnyRebJays » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:54 pm

yes, it's working in another CBS league I'm in with FAAB, but not today in the league I run. My two and at least one other owner's attempts are still sitting there with no resolution. In fact, I just checked and now it says "will be auction off Sunday morning..." yesterday it said Saturday morning..
Such is life with the new CBS....
JohnnyRebJays
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Commissioner's Corner