That one guy that sends trade offers that benefit only him. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

That one guy that sends trade offers that benefit only him.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: That one guy that sends trade offers that benefit only h

Postby GAC8666 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:16 pm

I'm sorry.. but I am that guy. Now I wont do a Prince for Adam Dunn or anything like that. But I am going to offer trades that A. I feel like I can get the best of it B. Open up the trade conversations. I rarely ever offer a trade I feel like the guy is going to accept right away. I think of it as opening up talks to then work on the specifics of the trade.
GAC8666
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pjalst » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:54 pm

I can't see why anyone would get offended by a lowball offer, it all part of the game. When I negotiate a trade there is an offer that I use as my "deal offer". I start with lesser offers and work my way up to my "deal offer". You have the power to stay No Thanks to any deal. You may get annoyed by the lowball offers, but eventually guys learn who they can't start off with a lowball offer. If you play in a league long enough, you will find that there are guys that you shouldn't offer trades to unless they approach you first. It's all about knowing your league.
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 63)

Postby xxxtheizxxx » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:04 pm

It's not that at all. When I return the offer, this guy is never dead set on anything unless it's in his favor alone. I've been playing against this guy for four years and he's always been that way.

He always capitalizes on the the new teams and is the commissioner. He screws the new guys over and ends up at the top or close every year.
xxxtheizxxx
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thatguysound » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:20 pm

xxxtheizxxx wrote:It's not that at all. When I return the offer, this guy is never dead set on anything unless it's in his favor alone. I've been playing against this guy for four years and he's always been that way.

He always capitalizes on the the new teams and is the commissioner. He screws the new guys over and ends up at the top or close every year.

Is he bringing in noobs? Sounds like the biggest problem is a commish who brings in dupes to play against. If he has been doing this for 4-5 years, I'd find a new league. Or take advantage of the new guys just like he does.
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)

Postby pjalst » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:25 pm

xxxtheizxxx wrote:It's not that at all. When I return the offer, this guy is never dead set on anything unless it's in his favor alone. I've been playing against this guy for four years and he's always been that way.

You can't blame him for wanting things to be in his favor. Thats the beauty of the counter, to get things back in your favor or mutual. if he doesn't like it, tell him to beat feet. If he's so set on having things his way in a trade, soon he will find that no one wants to deal with him. How hi is the turnover in your league that he can find so many new players to prey on?
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 63)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions