Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

H2H Question from a Newbie

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

H2H Question from a Newbie

Postby dangadd » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:30 pm

Roster

15 Category H2H League (12 teams).

Categories : R, HR, RBI, SB, K, TB, AVG, OPS

Batters : Posey (C), Sandoval (1B,3B), Kipnis (2B), Youkilis (1B,3B), Alexei Ramirez (SS), Kemp, Werth, Rasmus, Cain, McCutchen, Morrison (OF), Belt (1B,OF), Harper (OF), Crawford (OF on DL). (there are 3 OF spots and 2 Util spots).

Categories : W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, QS

Pitchers : Halladay(SP), Greinke (SP), Romero (SP), McCarthy (SP), Walden, Lidge, Jansen, Romo, Chapman, Thornton (all RP)

I have taken this team over form an owner who left after week 1 (after 1 of my leagues went pear shaped - see another thread). He lost the first week 5-9-1. We've started this week well, but I have a couple of questions regarding my roster (please bear with me i'm a newbie). Is Harper really worth a spot at OF whilst in the minors? It's not a dynasty league (or even a keeper league). I have a lot of depth at OF especially with Crawford when he comes back. What I intend to do would be to drop Harper and pick up a SP. I picked up McCarthy yesterday and I intend to stream 2 spots on my roster for pitchers. This would be SP mainly but occasionally an RP for a HLD or two. I am allowed 12 adds per week. I'm targetting W and QS with SP's. For instance tomorrow's SP's that are available include Saunders (ARI), Danks (CWS), Chen (KC @ OAK) and Pavano (Min). RP available (although if they all play then I have no spots left for RP) include Broxton(KC), Hector Santiago (CWS) and Henry Rodriguez (WAS).

What do people think?

I WHIR, but remember, I'm a newbie....

Dan
dangadd
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: H2H Question from a Newbie

Postby MaudDib » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:45 pm

I would take Broxton and Santiago over Chapman and Thornton. I don't care about any of those SP, all are wild cards. As for Harper, he can have some value. I see him more of a trading piece when he gets called up in a league like this. Most leagues have owners who love to have the next great thing and you could get a useful player for him. But if there is something better on the WW then I would be fine dropping him. Right now I don't see it.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Re: H2H Question from a Newbie

Postby baegames » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:07 pm

Agree with the above poster re: Broxton and Santiago. As far as streaming, go for it. Remember, the key to streaming is not who the pitcher is, but the opponent.

Target as opponents Minnesota, San Diego (especially in SD), Oakland (esp. in Oak), Seattle (esp. in Sea). Yes, yo might blow up from time to time, but those are not juggernaut offenses.

Help with mine:

viewtopic.php?t=443666&start=10
baegames
General Manager
General Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 192)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions