Rate my Team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my Team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my Team

Postby ncjro29 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:24 pm

10 teams head to head standard scoring Thanks.

C- Buster Posey
1b- Lance Berkman
2b- Brandon Phillips
3b- Adrian Beltre
SS- Hanley Ramirez
OF- Matt Kemp
OF- Shane Victorino
OF-Andre Either
Util- Jayson Werth
Util- Chris Young
Bench- Cameron Maybin
B- Austin Jackson
B- Jemile Weeks

SP- CC Sabathia
SP- Matt Cain
RP- Johnathan Papelbon
RP- JJ Putz
P- Zach Greinke
P- Matt Garza
P- Huston Street
B- Hiroki Kuroda
ncjro29
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my Team

Postby aerrico » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:52 pm

I think this a pretty well balanced, solid team. The weaknesses that stick out to me are Berkman as your starting 1B and then the depth of the offense as a whole. Obviously you have some really top level guys in your lineup in Kemp, Posey, Phllips, Hanley, and Beltre. I really like the speed power combos that you have going on throughout most of the lineup as this usually limits the amount of variance that you get throughout the season: this is very important in a head to head league in my opinion. You should be able to get a good amount of HRs and SBs every single week with this lineup. Again, the bottom of the lineup isn't optimal but considering how good I think your starting pitching is, I think it's going to be okay because you can also trade one of your pitchers to add more bats if you feel the need.

Keep your eyes open on the FA list for elite setup men with good ratios that have chances to be closers later on in the season. The guys I like this year are Jensen, Vinnie Pestano, and even Tyler Clippard (now that Storen is shelved for longer than they thought Clippard could end up with some save opportunities and has sick K numbers). Great job overall of not paying for saves and building your team around speed-power combos, getting solid players at the shallow positions, and having a deep rotation. I don't have much to criticize here... good luck!
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby ncjro29 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:50 am

Thanks for the good response, I just traded Phillips and Eithier for Pedroia. I know this probably does not bode well for the depth and bottom of the lineup. However, this is a keeper league and the chance to get Pedroia i think makes it worth it. Phillips is one of my favorite players but he is pretty inconsistant and is getting older. I know I upgraded at second base I am just worried that I may be getting to thin towards the bottom of my lineup. What do you think?
ncjro29
T-Ball Trainer

Postby aerrico » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:56 pm

I'm not the biggest fan of the trade for the reason you just mentioned and what I was getting at in my first post...

This even further depletes the depth of your lineup. I think Phillips would have been a decent keeper considering Cincinatti's lineup is getting better and he's still got 3-4 more years of quality production in my opinion.

While you improved at 2B in the trade, your outfield is starting to get really thin and under par in terms of starters. I understand that the trade is good in terms of direct value, but you only moved up 1 2B in the rankings in my opinion, but gave up an OF that you couldn't really afford to lose because of your depth and OF weakness BEFORE the trade.

You're really going to have to be active on the FA wire and try to get a productive OF or even consider trading one of your guys at a thinner position such as 2B or SS to go secure a solid OF while receiving a decent OF back. Basically, with the way that your team is right now I would try to make a similar trade to what you just made to put your team back where it was, with a top 5 2B and a decent OF rather than a top 3 2B and no OF to show for it.
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ncjro29 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:17 pm

I agree, at this point I am hoping and thinking Austin Jackson is going to have a big year in front of miggy and prince. i think he can be a solid starter and with kemp and victorino that would make 3. Chris Young and Maybin are inconsistant and who knows what I will get from them. I think another bat in general not strictly an OF is a need. I was thinking about picking up Carlos Lee. Or potentially trading a reliever for Konerkoe
ncjro29
T-Ball Trainer

Postby aerrico » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:41 pm

If Carlos Lee is available in your league that is a definite pick up
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team