Jason Heyward - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Jason Heyward

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jason Heyward

Postby Junse19 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:01 am

What's everyone's thoughts on Heyward? Should I try to trade or just flat out release him? Apparently Fredi Gonzalez has an issue starting this guy against lefties???? Heyward is raw but the talent is there. Is he going to have a chance to play everyday and get consistent at bats? I've had Heyward in a salary/keeper league going on year #3. I thought this would be a bounce back year for Heyward but Fredi is up to his old shenanigans of lineup tinkering already during the young season having platooned Heyward amidst the likes of Juan Francisco and Matt Diaz. I believe he will be a fantasy monster eventually but my team is built to win now. The nearly wasted roster spot has been frustrating and there are several areas (mostly SP) on my roster that I could use the roster spot to add a decent player. Any thoughts?
Junse19
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jason Heyward

Postby MaudDib » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Either trade him or keep him. Don't just waive him. There are plenty of people who still believe in this guy and his value shouldn't have changed since the draft. I realize it is frustrating but it is way too early to give up. Send out some trade offers and see what you can get for him.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions